Forum

Division 7?

Created 13th March 2009 @ 17:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Brutallus

Iv’e been thinking, dunno if u guys like it, but i can give it a try.
What if we have a division 7 by next season? Due to the team-increasement and all teams willing to play as high as they can i think there are gonna be huge problems getting every single team into the current division (Correct if I’m wrong and if the’re aren’t many teams).
So maybe we should like get a 7th division and make the current div 2a stay div 2 and div 2b go div 3a, and so on.. al move them one place?
Don’t know if u guys like this idea at all, I don’t even know how many teams are gonna signup for next season, all i know is that etf2l is growing and more and more teams are playing in it…maybe it wouldn’t be bad creating a 7Th division

Just a tought, think about it ;) Correct me if i’m wrong :)

Cheers, brutallus

Waebi

‹Con›

bit too many divs then imo. And I guess the number of teams will, for the first time, not be increasing. (but that’s my thought there, could be wrong.)

Jig

Six divisions is enough for me.

murder

cQr

Six divisions is fine imo

destructo

Six divisions is enough for me.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

i think there are gonna be huge problems getting every single team into the right division

This is true, and the most important reason to be AGAINST a division 7. Finding out whether a team belonged in division 5, or in division 6 was impossible for most of the teams. 5 divisions is a workable amount, 6 divisions is stretching it, not something you should want, really and 7 divisions would be horrible.

Ofcourse this is taking in account the amount of signups ETF2L has, for leagues with a different size, other things may apply.

And besides, the way the site is coded now, it only supports 199 teams max for the league :D

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I think that’d end up with too many.

To include more teams, the divisons simply have more groups within them.

Brutallus

Sure thing, i’m fine with everithing, it was just an idea ;)

xtala

Don’t really see the need for it.
Btw, div2a is equal to div2b.
The letters haven’t got a meaning skillwise.

SfynX

T2P

come on there isnt that many low class teams out there, besides the community isnt big enough for 7 divs, but good thought

thaldarin

Just go look at the amount of “dropped” teams and tell me if you think D7 is still a good idea. (currently stands at 50 dropped teams)

Randdalf

(0v0)

If I’m totally honest, I’d like a division 7, because some div 6 teams are very definately not div 6 teams; and some div 6 teams aren’t just good enough for div 6. I’d say the only feasible way of doing it though would to be reduce the number of leagues in both division 5 and 6, and then relegate and promote teams accordingly.

xzr

well tbh just stick all the “low skilled but still know a bit about how to play / have ambition” in div5, make it as large as needed. Then the rest “just for fun etc”-teams in div6. Don’t think there’s any need for more division levels, figuring out where a team belongs will be impossible.

Please do not.

veehell

-cavalier-

div7? ….no , keep div6 and div5 as it is.

What came up to my mind is more like to reward stable clans(whom stayed for whole season without “dropping”) and for next season take this “flag of stability” in consideration when creating sub-divisions(5a-5b-5c….) and keep such clans/teams together.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »