Forum

New players/teams - we need to do more!

Created 28th June 2011 @ 17:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Quoted from RaCio

Why would you need to be on a roster if you wont be allowed to play anyway?

Just start mentoring already :P

To be able to schedule matches ?_?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Dummy

not going to babysit anyone its not hard getting into the scene if you dont act mentally retarded

Not hard for you maybe because you got an ego the size of Ramown’s penis – exactly my point about acting like an elitist douchebag. For a lot of people it is all new. Not just competitive TF2 and 6v6 but the whole idea and concept of being in a team. If you played CS or something before TF2 it is a lot easier but if TF2 is the first game you want to be competitive in then knowing the steps you have to make can be a lot harder and you can end up making mistakes like joining the wrong teams run by terrible leaders (blorg) and fold within 2 weeks then think ‘well I’ll never find a team or get a chance to make friends and play so fuck this’. If I never took over LTG then would have likely folded and people on my team now or previously on my team may never stayed in comp TF2. I was in the same position as many new people until I had an opportunity present itself to run a team with some talented players on it at the time like Flisko, Randa, Pikachu, Slayed.

Also for coaching – it is to motivate people to keep mentoring + coaching because you’ll see it as a long term project. In ETF2L’s case it is like assigning a mentor to a team of random clanless people – if you can find as a mentor, 2-3 people with the correct attitude regardless of skill then you can eek out the bad attitude players and replace them and keep the team going.

Spira

I told my f2p friend to go play TF2 lobby:

http://i.imgur.com/n3SRQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/tj9xD.png

Happens all the time. TF2lobby is filled with shitty people.

Dummy

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Not hard for you maybe because you got an ego the size of Ramown’s penis – exactly my point about acting like an elitist douchebag. For a lot of people it is all new. Not just competitive TF2 and 6v6 but the whole idea and concept of being in a team. If you played CS or something before TF2 it is a lot easier but if TF2 is the first game you want to be competitive in then knowing the steps you have to make can be a lot harder and you can end up making mistakes like joining the wrong teams run by terrible leaders (blorg) and fold within 2 weeks then think ‘well I’ll never find a team or get a chance to make friends and play so fuck this’. If I never took over LTG then would have likely folded and people on my team now or previously on my team may never stayed in comp TF2. I was in the same position as many new people until I had an opportunity present itself to run a team with some talented players on it at the time like Flisko, Randa, Pikachu, Slayed.

Also for coaching – it is to motivate people to keep mentoring + coaching because you’ll see it as a long term project. In ETF2L’s case it is like assigning a mentor to a team of random clanless people – if you can find as a mentor, 2-3 people with the correct attitude regardless of skill then you can eek out the bad attitude players and replace them and keep the team going.

> the thread by monkeh I think it was is pefectly for getting into the game, but now that I think about it for longer than my usual 5 second attention span it probably needs sections about team leading, being in a team, creating one and a general QnA
> leading a team wont do anything for the players, you must have one of them as the leader, you can give tips but you cant lead, thats just plain retarded unless you co-lead while explaining to the captain the why’s what and how’s of it

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Spira

I told my f2p friend to go play TF2 lobby:

http://i.imgur.com/n3SRQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/tj9xD.png

Happens all the time. TF2lobby is filled with shitty people.

It happens all the time because people want to have a competive game. However, when f2p join they don’t understand the basics or the game (i.e buff demo first as medic. rollouts for the classes) and it can get a bit annoying.

Yes there are shitty people on lobby (me included) but when people join and dont understand the game people in a fps have a short temper.

Also i “played” several lobbies the other day trying to get a gullywash_pro going and despite me allowed a couple of f2p players and also giving them dl link and also where to place the file they didnt turn resulting in a fail lobby.

Imo there need to be f2p lobby or f2p mentor system (CommFT mentor program is at a too higher standard i.e have to be looking for a team etc and coaching in-game is pure bullcrap) something that f2p players can play with others f2p players or get a helping hand with people that actaully care about making people better.

Dummy

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

It happens all the time because people want to have a competive game. However, when f2p join they don’t understand the basics or the game (i.e buff demo first as medic. rollouts for the classes) and it can get a bit annoying.

Yes there are shitty people on lobby (me included) but when people join and dont understand the game people in a fps have a short temper.

Also i “played” several lobbies the other day trying to get a gullywash_pro going and despite me allowed a couple of f2p players and also giving them dl link and also where to place the file they didnt turn resulting in a fail lobby.

Imo there need to be f2p lobby or f2p mentor system (CommFT mentor program is at a too higher standard i.e have to be looking for a team etc and coaching in-game is pure bullcrap) something that f2p players can play with others f2p players or get a helping hand with people that actaully care about making people better.

what do you mean by “have to be looking for a team”?

alfa

Guess what, threads like these never work.

flushy

P.O.P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqxiw7efqE

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
what do you mean by “have to be looking for a team”?

Thought the EU side of CommFT mentor program you had to be actively looking for a team or be in a team? or am i wrong?

Dummy

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

Thought the EU side of CommFT mentor program you had to be actively looking for a team or be in a team? or am i wrong?

wat

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from alfa

Guess what, threads like these never work.

Well you might as well try, who else is going to do anything if you don’t. Torden can’t do it all you know..

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Dummy

…the thread by monkeh I think it was is pefectly for getting into the game, but now that I think about it for longer than my usual 5 second attention span it probably needs sections about team leading, being in a team, creating one and a general QnA

Nice idea, I’ll see what I can rustle up…

dougiie

CotC

so I’m currently teaching quite a few from Rasta css teams the basics…

played with some of the croatian/serbian lot from Rasta..DMG and omfg some of them were so sick for a first game.

One of them is an insane awp in css and cs1.6, well known and that. First mix, played sniper all game, like 30 frags. Would be insta called hacker imo :DDD Basically what I’m saying is the potential from good players from css or whatever is so huge!

tay

Quoted from dougiie

so I’m currently teaching quite a few from Rasta css teams the basics…

played with some of the croatian/serbian lot from Rasta..DMG and omfg some of them were so sick for a first game.

One of them is an insane awp in css and cs1.6, well known and that. First mix, played sniper all game, like 30 frags. Would be insta called hacker imo :DDD Basically what I’m saying is the potential from good players from css or whatever is so huge!

sniping in tf2 is so shit compared to css :(

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from tay

[…]
sniping in tf2 is so shit compared to css :(

a lot harder is the word you are looking for

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »