Keeping ubercharge when switching spawns

Created 5th March 2011 @ 17:57

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Spira

[…]

ahaha good job idiots.

ahh, the name etf2l sucks but you still come on the forum.

no div4 team wanted to recruit you so you rage?

steve

Quoted from konr

[…]Oh for God’s sake no one cares about your miniature rants. Shut up.

Taimou

I’ve never ever heard about this before today, but it should be removed. If etf2l allows this, one more reason not to play, it changes the game drastically. Think about having 90%, you have to go to second respawn, getting locked by enemy demo, switching spawns and still having uber, how the fuck is this fair if you get outplayed by the enemy team and locked down?

ashkan

Quoted from Taimou

I’ve never ever heard about this before today, but it should be removed. If etf2l allows this, one more reason not to play, it changes the game drastically. Think about having 90%, you have to go to second respawn, getting locked by enemy demo, switching spawns and still having uber, how the fuck is this fair if you get outplayed by the enemy team and locked down?

How is it fair if you do the same thing and survive such a situation as a scout? The only difference now is that you get to keep your charge by using a different method for respawning. Everyone has an equal possibility of using this feature and it would be practically impossible to regulate it.

Pozitive

HWarriors

Quoted from ashkan

[…]
it would be practically impossible to regulate it.

end of point

Ripple

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

How is it fair if you do the same thing and survive such a situation as a scout? The only difference now is that you get to keep your charge by using a different method for respawning. Everyone has an equal possibility of using this feature and it would be practically impossible to regulate it.

WORD

Last edited by Ripple,

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from Taimou

following you
we should have disallow spawnchange at all

You have to go to second respawn, getting locked by enemy demo, switching spawns and still defending first CP, how the fuck is this fair if you get outplayed by the enemy team and locked down?

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from Si^

wow found this out months ago… and you go and tell everyone >_< it will be fixed soon sooo dw.

This is the kind of thing that should be told to everyone, not some kind of “this should be a secret” medic trick you only learn once being taken into the ranks of elitism

Or something

Taimou

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

I agree on the scout part, he can defend last CP too.
But one scout barely can switch the tide of the battle by his presence. Especially when you don’t have the uber and the enemy does. The medic keeping his ubercharge using this method is just idiotic.
Yeah instead of knowing when to get the fuck out so I won’t get locked down nor have to use my uber. I can go to second respawn and safely spawn to last, still having my uber, ready to push or easily defend the point.
get trashKanned

Last edited by Taimou,

RaCio

GoT²

I’m sure we will see a massive increase in people defending badlands cp2 from forward resup then.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

dont let the medic get to resup

Taimou

Quoted from RaCio

I’m sure we will see a massive increase in people defending badlands cp2 from forward resup then.

if you aren’t a massive troll or a fucking stupid retard sir badmin, you might really understand. :DDDDDDDDddddddd

ashkan

Quoted from Taimou

I agree on the scout part, he can defend last CP too. But one scout barely can switch the tide of the battle by his presence.

I’m sure you would agree that one scout/soldier/demoman/medic (without charge) can decide the outcome of a push. Also, remember that scouts and soldiers can switch to other classes when defending the last point, meaning they become even more valuable.

Yeah instead of knowing when to get the fuck out so I won’t get locked down nor have to use my uber. I can go to second respawn and safely spawn to last, still having my uber, ready to push or easily defend the point.

The feature is an integral part of TF2 and will not be removed, and it can not be regulated, so maybe it is time to accept that it’s part of the game, just like spawnswitching and resupply areas are accepted? Especially when all teams have the same possibility of using it, so it favours no one specific.

Tikcus

Quoted from Taimou

[…]

I agree on the scout part, he can defend last CP too.
But one scout barely can switch the tide of the battle by his presence. Especially when you don’t have the uber and the enemy does. The medic keeping his ubercharge using this method is just idiotic.
get trashKanned

Let’s instantly remove badlands from the map pool!!!!!!
or ask valve to change it back so load-outs can only be changed at a resupply cabinet

We’re forgetting all the thousands of times on none badlands maps (wait thousands may be wrong since this is the only map most people play), a forwarding spawning team mate holds the door open for his medic to escape inside and back spawn.

Or the times a medic uses the hat/weapon switch to forward spawn to protect his 20% charge from the vita saw – oh wait

This is a non issue let it rest, now it’s out in the public domain, it’s no-longer even a sneaky tactic, and if it means people start defending badlands a different way in the hope that they can now back-spawn, it may make that map more interesting

Last edited by Tikcus,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Incidentally, it’s not impossible to regulate, it just means more work for the admins

Ever noticed the cvar that lets you turn off auto respawn when you change unlocks? :D

inb4 the valve fix though

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »