Forum

Arranging matches

Created 12th December 2010 @ 21:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

make rule to wildcard only 24h or more before match!

Kinda defeats the purpose :x

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

One more tip:
Don’t start scheduling your matches on Sunday evening. You got the whole week.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I didn’t really want to make a new thread for this, but I really think ETF2L should move onto a fixed schedule. There are many reasons why I think this is a great idea.

I would suggest something like:

ETF2L play days:
Tuesday and Thursday each week. 21:15cet.
Sunday = Final catchup day.

Prem division play days:
Monday and Wednesday each week 21:15cet.
Sunday = Final catchup day.

I think having a system like this would benefit the league and TF2 greatly. The divisions would all have the same number of games played each week. Writers would be able to report each division if they wanted to, showing current progress, stats, predictions. This would be a lot easier if every team had played the same number of games.

Fixed schedule takes the ballache out of arranging games. Arranging a PCW before your league match would be easier as both teams would be participating in an official and would want the practice time making them less likely to show up on time.

The prem games being on a different day mean a higher number of spectators. Players know way in advance when the top level teams are playing and can pick a match in advance if they want to spectate it. More spectators, more coverage.

Obviously the downside with a fixed schedule is that if for some reason a team cannot play on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Sundays (only allow match days to be Mondays and Wednesdays) then they would have to leave the competition, but I don’t think that would be many players in the community.

What you think? :)

Martn

It’s an idea, but it would exclude a unknown amount of players that cant play on those days of the week.

octochris

(0v0)

a lot of lower div players have fucked up days they can play.

maybe fixed dates for d3 up?

Last edited by octochris,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

It would maybe also stuff like us not having to play for 2/3weeks and then having officials every night this last week :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2