Forum

Make divisions bigger?

Created 20th November 2008 @ 16:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

“simply answer to that is to make extra places available for division-one and division-two, its not as if us gamers suffer from exhaustion during a long season, make another, lets say, two clan slots in division one and an extra group in division-two.

So for example those teams placed third: Redline and Damage get push up to fill the extra two slots (which will then be filled) and then another group (2C) so that promotion and relegation still function correctly from division-one”

Quoted from the recruitment thread.

Whats up with having a competitive Division 3? Everyone looking for teams atm seem to have some kind of problem with it but being there isnt a bad thing! If you do as suggested above, surely your just going to make D2 weaker and with a wider range of skill because of the teams you’d have to promote. Or if there is enough teams to fill this gap, whats wrong with making Div3 stronger?

Also, more than 10 teams in each div is not an option being as many teams in TF2 don’t seem to be able to hold it together for a full season.

Im not argueing as such here, more interested in the feedback.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

You got a problem of numerous good players who cant be bothered to come together to form clans, they also cant be bothered to join lower clans and help them improve, they’d rather not even play in clans unless they get themselves into a division-one or division-two clan. This is probably unlikely to change during the run up to season four.

So in effect you have less really good clans, you have a larger skill gap and as the season gets under way you will some of those existing good clans folding leaving even less competition as the season draws to an end – as was the case in prior seasons.

There is room for more teams at the highest levels, there are players looking to join these teams as soon as they are created – its unlikely to make division two any weaker. Take Deliverance for example, will the creation of Deliverance using many of these clanless players who want to play in div2 or higher make division-two weaker next season?!

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

I would guess that it makes div2 look better, but probably weaker in the end. No offence, but in my experience, these types of clans tend to be kind of short lived :) I have been in 10 clans or so suiting that description during the last few years ;).

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Agree with Fragga tbh. Too many players set their sights far too high, especially those from middle Div 4, who say they are looking for teams of Div 3A/B minimum (I have issues with players who say they won’t drop below div 2 -_- ). The sudden amount of players calling themselves mid is also shocking, considering lots of them have not played for considerable amounts of time in mid skilled clans. There’s no shame in saying that you’re generally low+, and at times pushing mid.

The team I play for was formed from scratch, from pretty much unknown players, and it’s taken a reasonable amount of time, but now we’re getting some good results going down, consistently. Part of the fun is building up a team, and lots of the clanless upper division 3 / lower division 2 ex-players could form some really good teams. At the moment tho, there seems to be an expectation that such teams will instantly be very good because most of the playesr are individually very skilled.

Unfortunately, this is TEAM Fortress 2, and it takes time to play well together, because you have to learn how each of your teammates play, their strengths and weaknesses, and what works best. The more teams that put this effort in, and become established and secure clans that won’t fold at the first hurdle (because they’re used to losing initially), the better the competitive scene, and the more interest we’ll get from MGOs and sponsors.

Akill

/agree with d3rail

codcrille

Fresh.

Also the skill in div3 is like way spread out, if you can compete with div2 clans it’s like 2-3 good games the entire season if you’re lucky. That just fails to motivate and I’d say decrease activity and may kill of upcoming clans. Just look at the number of dropped teams in div3.

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

If a team cannot find motivation enough to endure one seasons in a division with clans of a lower skill level I dont think they are dedicated enough to be in a multiple-season-league anyhow :). “Everyone wants to be in div 1, but noone is prepared to take the trip” ;)

Mick-

well , if the division 1 keep 10 teams , it’s not a bad idea .

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

We just went through two seasons of div3 with more or less the same group of players, and from it we learnt how each other play and have developed into a (somewhat) decent team.

I couldn’t agree more with Sajh and Mole’s quote, please keep it as it is.. there is no shame in being division 3. I wish people would stop setting their standards so high and just put a bit of effort into building a strong team.

g0d

couldnt agree more.. the teams out there calling themselves mid is shocking. when played against it most likely always results in a rape… there fooling thereselves and the opponents team. wich is not good.

there simply arent enough div 1 teams around .. hell there arent even enough div2 teams around in the div 2 in season 4 so why the hell would you open extra slots in an exclusive division???

Add A Reply Pages: 1