Forum

Question about Highlander cup(kinda)

Created 31st May 2010 @ 13:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

marn

Okay, my friend is kinda new to tf2 competitive and he wants to play in this highlander cup. Now as I understood, there are only public players and division 6 teams/players.

As we all know, summer league starts soon and I would love to sign our team up as well(division 4/5), but the thing is(we only have 4 in our roaster right now), if my friend joins our team right now and plays in summer league in division 4/5, is he still able to play in this highlander cup? or does he have to wait till highlander is over and join then?

Don’t troll, don’t spam, If you know the answer then reply, thanks

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Go to #etf2l on irc and type: ‘!admin’ and wait for a reply

marn

oh right, sorry my bad:P haven’t used that for a while, totally forgot…Thanks:D

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

If you get a response for this, I think it would be helpful if you posted the answer in this thread, so anyone who wonders the same could get an answer without demanding the attention of admins.

marn

oh okay:D

It is not possible:( because Highlander cup is for div6 and pub players only and if he joins us before Highlander then he cant play there.

SO…Houston! We have a problem:P

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

just apply for div 6 then:)

Hmm I’m still kind of confused. I was division 6 for season 7 when the highlander was announced and had never played for a division above. In the upcoming AFS Season I’m hoping to play division 5, so does this mean that I won’t be able to play in the highlander any more? Seems a bit strange that highlander would be announce in season 7 so people get a team together if they qualify, and then are not allowed to apply just because signups were delayed until after the next season had started?
Confused.

Grem

rEJ
TG

Quoted from CUBE

Hmm I’m still kind of confused. I was division 6 for season 7 when the highlander was announced and had never played for a division above. In the upcoming AFS Season I’m hoping to play division 5, so does this mean that I won’t be able to play in the highlander any more? Seems a bit strange that highlander would be announce in season 7 so people get a team together if they qualify, and then are not allowed to apply just because signups were delayed until after the next season had started?
Confused.

AFAIK, the Summer league has no repercussions on future leagues like season 8. I’d assume the same holds true for the Highlander cup as well.

Add A Reply Pages: 1