Forum

i52 - 22nd to 25th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2014 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Rex

[…]

Yes.

where can i find information about routes and times?

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

where can i find information about routes and times?

https://www.google.dk/#q=coventry+bus+timetable&safe=off

?

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

ticket bought.

Nym would you mind asking if there will be a mini stage for TF2 casting please.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Will do Bones!

@ondkaja – i’ll try and post something (or someone else might) when the shuttle timetable goes up. Goes round most of the hotels in the area (don’t have exact details yet unfortunately on which), to the arena and the train station. Something like ~1 an hour, but again need to wait for details. It stops kinda early at night.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Nymthae

Will do Bones!

@ondkaja – i’ll try and post something (or someone else might) when the shuttle timetable goes up. Goes round most of the hotels in the area (don’t have exact details yet unfortunately on which), to the arena and the train station. Something like ~1 an hour, but again need to wait for details. It stops kinda early at night.

Having it stop early at night somewhat defeats the purpose.

… are there bike rentals nearby?

Last edited by ash,

Rex

Quoted from ash

[…]

Having it stop early at night somewhat defeats the purpose.

You can have my bike Ash. :)

Muerte

elev8

Quoted from ash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSkQJ0SjXOo

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Muerte

[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSkQJ0SjXOo

Okay, thanks for sharing.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

** PC update

I currently have:
2 PCs from Multiplay (confirmed, £75/weekend, same specs as whatever aus/na are getting, probably same as last year I imagine) – I wrangled these to help out “our top european team”
Eclipse Arena – speaking to these guys currently, they seem pretty willing to help us out, looking into details now and what we can do for them on a publicity front – they’ve agreed to match the £75/weekend rental cost with a deposit. Currently upgrading their machines right now so I don’t have specs yet, but I suspect they will be pretty good at it’s their business. Maximum of 10 available.

I currently have
BFF for three PCs – probably eclipse, with a view to some sponsorship-esq arrangement
9 now available

There’s not many and no real “fair” way of doing this, but in the end as this is tournament based and the efforts over the pond then i’m going to allocate from the top (i.e. premiership level). If it looks like there’s a couple left over with no more teams in any range of challenging the ~ top 8? then i’ll probably just random/raffle them to everybody who registers interest (not now, if and when I announce that). I’d rather see them being used to enable teams to get their full lineup, rather than 6 people taking them to form a mix.

I’ll compile some google sheet or something in the next couple of days and when/how you can “register interest” for these. I may ask for evidence or anything you want to add to support your application (i.e. hey look we 5-0’d epsilon here) because i’m too lazy to pay much attention right now <3 Give me chance to try and get more details/confirmations from the guys over at eclipse :) but they are keen and seem really good guys!

Last edited by Nymthae,

Spike Himself

TC

£5000 for tf2 it appears
http://insomniagamingfestival.com/2014/06/03/sponsors-exhibitors/emerge/announcing-emerge-insomnia52-team-fortress-2-sponsors-5000-prize-pool/

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

woohoo energy drinks

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

There’s some potential to maybe get a couple more PCs from Eclipse so i’m just going to collect interest now and see what can be done

Please fill in this survey if you are interested in PC rental

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRX6NY6

Each individual needing a computer needs to fill this in. My point still stands that it’s likely most allocations will go to the top teams but it would be good to have a list of how many people would like PCs if I can sort out with any other suppliers etc.

Complete this by Thursday, 19th June please. I will be personally dealing with data from that point so I need everything in.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Hey Nym, did eclipse say anything about bootcamp for the Ozzies? I am trying to help them out and find somewhere decent and there would be perfect. Although their opening hours seem a little crappy (closes at 6pm)

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

That’s great. just let me know what they come back with on the needs and boot camp idea. I know we would prefer to keep the boot camp within the normal opening times (9:30am-6pm weekdays and 9:30am-3pm saturdays), but if the needs are greater then we can discuss options once we have a better idea.

The above is from our initial chat. Need to have a sort of in-depth look into this – if you want to hit me up with some contact details (email/skype?) I might as well pass them on to him if he wants to talk to you directly as I suspect you know a bit more about what you want. I don’t know how late we can stretch the opening hours, but I imagine they’ll understand our needs when we tell them typical match hours.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

As a reminder – this evening is the deadline for filling in the PC request survey. There are more responses than PCs at this stage but if I can get hold of any more then I will speak to the people left from this list first.

I will be looking to plan out the allocations tomorrow, and possibly email and confirm if it all gets sorted. Might not get the official confirmations done until next week though.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »