Forum

TF2 Strategy Discussion

Created 9th September 2009 @ 07:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

DL

So Jaeger noticed that TF2, unlike a lot of other games requiring strategy(SF4/SC), does not have a community that participates in an open discussion involving the mechanics and deeper approach to high level competitive play. We think that it would benefit the community overall if more people actively participated in such discussions and would better the skill level of both players and teams.

So he’s starting things off with a discussion on how to beat the aggressive valley push on badlands to mid.

http://commforums.com/countering-badlands-valley-rush-t1934.html?t=1934

It would be nice to get some international perspectives on this, since imo the EU scene is a bit step ahead of us in terms of strategical planning.

revanxp

http://tf2strategy.com/
just googled it. Dunno if it’s usefull ^^

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Not really revan.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Counter? 1 fan scout holding shit house. Knocks ‘m down again and they die in endles spam rape. ggwpld.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Hey Guys. I’ve been thinking about making a vocab guide for this site. TF2 is pretty easy to play, but there are some in-game terms that you’re not too likely to learn aside from someone telling you about them. For example, a new demo might be confused if his medic tells him to “stickyjump up there and plug it up.”

So. Since I can’t think of all the terms myself, I’m wondering if any of you could throw stuff out here. It doesn’t have to be long, just a quick list and a short definition (for people who might not know). Here’s an example to start off:

-Medic Buddy::The person that a medic heals and stays with for protection
-Sticky/Rocket Jump::Using explosives to propel yourself a long distance
-Backcap::When someone gets behind your team and captures a point before you can get back
-Fatty::Another name for Heavy Weapons Guy
-“Pop it” or “hit it”::Used to tell a medic to activate ubercharge
– W+M1::A derogatory term to describe someone who only runs forwrd and fires
– Spam (Spamming) – To repeatedly attack a particular area, usually with explosives, either to deter the enemy from occupying the area or clear out current occupants.
– Runner – A person who has just captured and is now carrying (running with) the Intel.

That site is full of strategys! Nightbox pay close attention.

So to put into practice what we learned….Hey guys! Pop it on the fatty while me and the runner backcap and i’ll plug it up.

That site is full of strategys! Nightbox pay close attention.

So to put into practice what we learned….Hey guys! Pop it on the fatty while me and the runner backcap and i’ll plug it up.

Oh god, backcapping in ctf? This TF2 stuff is so confusing!

Ijantis

Counter? 1 fan scout holding shit house. Knocks ‘m down again and they die in endles spam rape. ggwpld.

lol not everyone is as leet in thinking. You actually have to explain it to some peopl ein serious ammounts of detail before they get it.

Skyride

DUCS

Im totally for this, although as far as I know theres not really anywhere to put it, I mean the etf2l forum is a bit active and not too suitable for this and Im not really aware of anywhere else.

I could setup just a basic forum in litterally 10mins but Im not sure a forum is quite what we need for it either. Anyone else got any ideas?

Haunter

lol not everyone is as leet in thinking. You actually have to explain it to some peopl ein serious ammounts of detail before they get it.

there’s nothing to explain, he is right, scout with fan on the left side of the train = no valley push :D

turtLe

Most of us NA players are more hesitant in using the fan, unlike you guys, generally because of how cheap it is.

Not to mention all it takes is one or two shots of the scatter to reject a RJ…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Most of us NA players are more hesitant in using the fan, unlike you guys, generally because of how cheap it is.

No shit sherlock. I hate that broken weapon, but it is still the best counter (until it’s finally banned).

RaCio

GoT²

Scrubs :D :D

Rele

Scrubs :D :D

toasty.

PHX

Lots of people this side of the pond think its cheap as well.

xzr

tf2 and strategy? tactics? who the hell needs those :<

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »