Forum

New update to punish idlers?

Created 1st September 2009 @ 08:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Found this on the official TF2 forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=953306

Norris

there was a rumor that the announcer will strike back soon. watch the blog :>

revanxp

So i’m gonna lose my tyrant’s helm and pyro beanie? Really don’t care :D

Extremer

Yeah, punish people for not playing 24/7 just to get those ultra-rare hats.

RaCio

GoT²

http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1611&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=4170 , 4th post

So the author of the idling program released an update. The program wil now remove the warnings so you are unaware you are getting them. gg

EDIT: and this

8:50 PM – Nine: Will we be seeing a blog post from The Announcer in the near future that will clear up this Cheat Detection mess for the large amount of angry and confused players?
8:50 PM – ErikJ: Who are the angry and confused players
8:50 PM – Nine: Pretty much anyone who used the idle program, it seems
8:51 PM – ErikJ: That would be cheating the item system, so yeah, they will lose their items.
8:51 PM – ErikJ: But we’re going to post tomrrow.
8:52 PM – Nine: …and what’s with the tf_wearable_item associated with cheating?
8:53 PM – ErikJ: It will give people a message letting them know that their items they got using the idling program are gone.

Assault Marine Sigh

I have yet to get a hat, I idled for 4 days straight aswell as the several hundred hours played since the patches. Valve can do what they like with the stuff I got off the idler. I deleted pretty much every item I have anyway. I am still waiting on getting back the FaN….

Why would they do this. :/ It’s not like people idle INSTEAD of playing TF2.

Norris

unfortunately I haven’t found a single helmet yet. not even one of the older ones. aand fuck you guys with your medal stuff! MAY YOU ALL ROT IN HELL.

ambra

obvious fake datas are obvious

eoN^

Tbh they are making a big mistake… People will just run TF2 to idle instead, its not like they get super awesome points for using the console idler its just easier to use and more user friendly and lighter…

Are people going to get banned for playing to much TF2 now on servers without people?

Rct33

Vavle stopping the idling program will just act like a bandaid. Maybe they should fix the shit unlock system?

Memento Mori

Valve loves to fuck their game up. They do it all the time.

Ryan

haha yeah because hats have a big effect on gameplay, everyone has the unlockable weapons without idling already.

David

haha yeah because hats have a big effect on gameplay, everyone has the unlockable weapons without idling already.

lies…

hats add +1 inches to e-penis

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

amusing :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »