Forum

how YOU can help comp tf2

Created 26th July 2009 @ 06:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Lol, just let the TF2 beta people sort this shit out and stop harassing Robin Walker.

xzr

indeed. There’s a lot of beta people with retarded ideas, doubt there’s need for new ones

sognim

Infinity

It’s kind of presumptuous of you to put words in the mouths of competitive players, especially since you include some ridiculous ideas like built-in pistol scripts and other non-essential stuff. Essentially you’re trying to forge the game more towards your own preference, not trying to make it a better competitive game. The procedure that one that yells the loudest gets what he wants is not a good one, and I’m sure Valve is smarter than that.

Agree.

No hitsounds.
As said before, we get lots of sounds signals and they seem “fair”. Being able to spot a hiding spy/sout/sniper by spaming pipes through a window/balcony is unfair and kinda disrupts tf2 strategy component.

Hitsounds will also favor high firing rate guns (blautsauger, pistol, minigun, etc) as you will, by instinct, move your crosshair randomly when you miss by a millimeter just because you haven’t heard a beep. If being able to hit is a skill, being able to know you miss is another. Add autopistol and this gets exponential…

Player intelligence factor would be heavily nerfed, specially if hitsounds have intensity proportional to damage done, because it would simplify decisions like keep pushing onto an enemy or withdrawing.

compton

cvx|

Being able to spot a hiding spy/sout/sniper by spaming pipes through a window/balcony is unfair and kinda disrupts tf2 strategy component.

Isn’t that what already happens with grunt sounds?

If being able to hit is a skill, being able to know you miss is another.

Therefore let’s remove the health bar, since it’s a skill to know when you’re low on health. And while we’re at it, let’s remove the hud altogether! It’s a skill to estimate how much of the point is capped, where the bullet will go when you hit mouse1, how much you have ammo left and if you have the uber ready.

ambra

tbh i’d like to have some hitsounds in this game… mainly because I act very differently when I’m 100% sure I hit someone for full damage as I do when I am hit… and we all know sometimes it happens in this game that you “are sure” you hit someone hard but then in the killcam appears that you barely did 40 damage despite the bloodstains

Assault Marine Sigh

Am I the only one that hates the idea of centre screen projectiles ?

Not only would it mean readjusting from the way I play now, but it would result in every other weapon looking odd and with rockets the smoke trail would be immensly annoying.

Also anyone know how to work out FoV ? I play at 90 on 1440×900 which is 16:10 I think. Would be nice to know what my FoV actually is.

Gotta also add I disagree with the hitsounds. We have enough as it is. Also it would make spy checking easier and valve already removed the hp showing up from hitting them with the blutsauger?

iQue

keso

Am I the only one that hates the idea of centre screen projectiles ?

Not only would it mean readjusting from the way I play now, but it would result in every other weapon looking odd and with rockets the smoke trail would be immensly annoying.

Also anyone know how to work out FoV ? I play at 90 on 1440×900 which is 16:10 I think. Would be nice to know what my FoV actually is.

Gotta also add I disagree with the hitsounds. We have enough as it is. Also it would make spy checking easier and valve already removed the hp showing up from hitting them with the blutsauger?

Centre screen projectiles work in every game other than TF2, it’s not a problem. Centre screen projectiles add consistency and no more blowing up yourself when the centre of your screen is far away from the wall.

I think the fov for 16:10 is 103, and 106 for 16:9. Not 100% sure though, but it seems to be about right.

I would love hitsounds personally, I like the feeling of them and it’s nice to get audio feedback as well as visual when hitting someone. As said before, you already get hurtsounds from characters when you hit them but it’s very inconsistent.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Being able to spot a hiding spy/sout/sniper by spaming pipes through a window/balcony is unfair and kinda disrupts tf2 strategy component.

Therefore let’s remove the health bar, since it’s a skill to know when you’re low on health. And while we’re at it, let’s remove the hud altogether! It’s a skill to estimate how much of the point is capped, where the bullet will go when you hit mouse1, how much you have ammo left and if you have the uber ready.

m0re hud + min mode = no ammo

sognim

Infinity

you’re clearly a flaming idiot. I’m talking about the information you have on your enemy and you talk about information you have of your own.

As you see in posts above, when people know they have hit, they’ll act differently. Hitsounds make people know they hit in situations they normally wouldn’t know they have hit. That’s just it.

compton

cvx|

So what if people act differently? Isn’t that the point? It’s not an argument at all.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it doesn’t make the game fun for someone else. In games that have the feature, I prefer to use it, because it makes the game more fun. No more frustrating deaths when you were sure you made more damage than you actually did due to lag or view blocked by rocket trails or some other stupid reason.

Hitsounds aren’t so much about getting new information, but more about making the current information (grunts) more accurate, so it doesn’t fool you to make stupid decisions. To me it seems more like a fix to the grunt sounds.

ps. You probably don’t know what flaming is. I have arguments to back my posts, there’s nothing personal about it.

Assault Marine Sigh

Centre screen projectiles work in every game other than TF2, it’s not a problem. Centre screen projectiles add consistency and no more blowing up yourself when the centre of your screen is far away from the wall.

I think the fov for 16:10 is 103, and 106 for 16:9. Not 100% sure though, but it seems to be about right.

I would love hitsounds personally, I like the feeling of them and it’s nice to get audio feedback as well as visual when hitting someone. As said before, you already get hurtsounds from characters when you hit them but it’s very inconsistent.

Well I cannot argue with that. I guess it would just take some getting used to for both hitsounds and centre screen.

Maybe I got 16:10 wrong now .. maybe its 16:9 .. meh what does it matter its only a few degrees more. Plus if you limit it to like 120 or something wont matter to me :P

eoN^

they see me trollin’ they hatin.

Now back on point. If you can’t make a mature suggestion how about you get out of this topic until you can? Both of you. If Robin Walker read this topic what do you think he would say about the TF2 community? That they have someone with the downs and a lot of trolls? How about if you really want to help comp tf2 then you write up suggestions maturely and when others counter your argument you reply in a more mature way, have a debate rather than an argument and then maybe, just maybe, you will both find a good compromise that may just help comp tf2.

Or you can just keep looking like twats flaming each other…

franco

People like options. There is no argument you could logically make that could refute the advantages of having options that suit everyones needs and preferences.

I support what Universal is doing, if people don’t like hitsounds don’t use them. If you don’t like how the game looks on 135 FoV (135 is high as fuck but that’s beside the point :>) then lower it. Which I would be able to if I had the choice, I would use 110 personally. Getting rid of pistol scripts was a good thing, it’s called fair play.
Projectiles coming from the middle of the screen I’m not sure over, this would make grenades/needles immensely easier to use which opens up balancing problems. Then of course it’s not fair play allowing it just for rockets, obvious why.

Adding a definite pattern to hitscan weapons is an obvious requirement, it fixes the age old randomness to playing scout.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The problem with high fov is balancing (like mentioned earlier).

Mike

SF

The problem with high fov is balancing (like mentioned earlier).

Let’s ban widescreen monitors then.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »