Forum

The Novint Falcon [Team Fortress 2]

Created 24th June 2009 @ 22:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Dogghi

бекон

Valve Releases Novint Falcon Support For Some Of The Best Rated Games Of All Time
June 23, 2009, 3:20 pm – Valve – Press Release

(Bellevue, WA – June 23rd, 2009) – Valve Corporation, one of the video game industry’s leading entertainment software and technology companies, announced today that they have released support for the Novint Falcon for several of their best selling games.

The Novint Falcon is an entirely new type of interface for PC gaming. Essentially a small robot, the Falcon lets players feel high-fidelity three-dimensional touch in enabled games.

Valve’s best selling game franchises, which account for over 30 million retail units sold worldwide and over 80% of the PC online action market, include Half-Life®, which has won over 50 Game of the Year Awards, Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike® Source, Portal® and Team Fortress® 2. Valve is also the developer of leading-edge technologies, including the Source® game engine and Steam®, a leading platform for digital content distribution with over 20 million registered users. Today, an update was distributed through Steam adding Novint Falcon compatibility for customers of The Orange Box which includes Half-Life 2: Episodes 1 and 2 (the original Half-Life 2 is playable with the Falcon through a download available from Novint), Portal, and Team Fortress 2. Additionally Valve will soon release support for other leading titles including Left 4 Dead, Day of Defeat Source, and Counter-Strike: Source®. Using the Falcon, players feel realistic weapon recoil, enemy attacks, vehicle movements, and interactions with the environment. Novint has also released its must have Pistol Grip accessory, which replaces the standard Falcon grip to create an even more immersive FPS gaming experience.

Customers interested in purchasing a Falcon to use with Valve’s games can do so at Novint’s site, https://home.novint.com/store/promote.php. Novint is currently offering a special Orange Box bundle, priced at $149, for one week only in celebration of the launch. The bundle includes the award winning Novint Falcon, the pistol grip, the Orange Box, and over $150 of additional software.

“We’re very excited to partner with a company so dominant in the PC game industry,” said Novint CEO, Tom Anderson. “Their sustained excellence, best-selling games, enormous user base, and forward looking vision make them standard bearers for the industry. We feel Falcon support for their online games in particular could be our first real killer app, which is an exciting milestone.”

https://home.novint.com/store/promote.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVu3CLbmpY&annotation_id=annotation_964455&feature=iv

I think it will be very hard to have a good aim with it on team fortress 2…

/discuss

KOVACS

FALCON PUNCH

ONlock

YOYO\'

I’m ordering one in July.. But not for TF2. Have wanted one for over a year now.

I think it’s most likely shit to aim with. But probably a fun experince in single player. Have read many reviews and watched some videos, and most of them seem pretty positive. But not necessarily in online play.

Jh

Hey dats!

… we’re planning a competition to all-comers where they can pit their mouse based skills against one of our employees in TF2 while he uses a Falcon. His TF2 Falcon skills recently surpassed his mouse skills (“I’m not only now better with the Scout using the Falcon, I’m better than I ever could be with a mouse”), and we intend to prove Falconers will beat the pants of mousers…

:D::D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:DD:DD

fJack

k^m

… we’re planning a competition to all-comers where they can pit their mouse based skills against one of our employees in TF2 while he uses a Falcon. His TF2 Falcon skills recently surpassed his mouse skills (“I’m not only now better with the Scout using the Falcon, I’m better than I ever could be with a mouse”), and we intend to prove Falconers will beat the pants of mousers…

lolol

agron

Relic

lolol

:D:D:DDDDD:D:D::::::DD:D:D:DDDDDDDDD:D:D:DD

Renegade

Imperial

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10433072&postcount=29

“– This is the biggest misconception for the Falcon. I guarantee that if you put enough hours into it, you’ll be better with the Falcon than the mouse. If anyone ever reads this, and you put enough time into it (usually 20 hours or so), and you still don’t feel I lived up to this promise and you aren’t better than you were with the mouse, you can return your Falcon anytime, no questions asked.”

Maybe ask him for a free copy, and give a review as a comp player.

Renegade

Imperial

ive been reading that thread more and the name of the player for Novint is renegade ffs. He even bagged the steam account name renegade!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

have fun as a scout with that big shit called falcon

Ypsy

Wow that looks like a lot of fun for Single Player games! Can’t imagine it replacing a mouse though. Still i’d like to see a mouse vs. that thing match :D

Ino

dp.
dp.

I’d really like to see some pros test this thing, can’t believe it’s better than a mouse…

Assault Marine Sigh

hmmm .. with the recoil off perhaps it could be good, but im still sceptical. I would have to play around first …. Looks fun however !

DarK.

My cousin just ordered one of these from america, 6-10 days delivery. Gona give it a bash when it arrives :P

ambra

yeah nothing better than feeling your own hand shaken everytime you shot and you are hit (as scout)

and what when you rocketjump? your arm gets electrocuted?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Looks pretty cool, I’d like to try it out.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »