Forum

Flare gun getting mini crits?

Created 4th June 2009 @ 17:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

fJack

k^m

I just wish they would make all projectiles exit from the center of the screen instead of fooling around like this. :p

RaCio

GoT²

Since the Sniper & Spy update, which introduced us to the “Mini Crits” feature, an idea has emerged from the community: Why don’t make the Flaregun mini-crit on burning players? Now, I’m not going to give numbers but the reasoning behind this in a nutshell would be as next: Since the recent update, two counters were added to the afterburn, Jarate and making the Pyro’s compressed air burst able to extinguish fire. Since we have new tools to counter the burn, why don’t make it a more lethal status and encourage players to really use these new features to get rid of it? After burn has also lost its shine in the sense that it doesn’t really make people panic that much and seeking for aid ain’t a priority anymore..

It’s still guessing what is exactly meant and what robin walker interpreted from the letter. The first part says that the flaregun will do the minicrit effect on players that already burning. So you will be rewarded for multiple hits.

What the minicrit effect will be is still a bit unclear. The definition of a mini-crit is the base damage without any falloff(as seen with the ambassador). The base damage of the flaregun is 30. So the minicrit should theoretically hit for 30 dmg. On a player that is hit by the jarate it does 41 damage(30+35%).

The point is that there is already no (negative) damage falloff on flares. So it’s unlikely that the mini-crit buff will be just the base damage without falloff. It could ofcourse be the 41 damage like it does on player hit by the jarate. But if your read the second part of the text, you can see it talks about making the afterburn more deadly. Considering that the effect might indeed be a 35% stronger afterburn.

Afterburn +35% damage would do 70-80 damage.

compton

cvx|

I just wish they would make all projectiles exit from the center of the screen instead of fooling around like this. :p

Thirded

Beef Eater

Fourthed :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2