Forum

pyro update

Created 18th June 2008 @ 18:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

wer

tfortress.no

so, turbine and fastlane added as default maps.

pyro got a flare gun that can set ppl on fire from distance, and gets health when he attacks from behind with the backburner. he can also knock enemies away, and redirect enemy projectiles.

will these unlocks be allowed in the league?
and do u think pyro will be effective in clan matches now?

Jdanzi

Hope not and it will definately be worth testing.

wer

tfortress.no

u can kill soldiers with their own rockets, and that’s not even an unlockable, so i guess it won’t get banned

Jdanzi

The new feature isn’t an unlockable, its standard with the class, and hence, will be allowed in competitive play, and that addition becomes the main reason the class will have some competitive experimentation, I think.

bm

the new “air-thrower” , that will be available without the achievements, might really be very useful in competitive gaming:

– redirecting rockets/nades/stickys
– disconnect enemy medic from his patient
– blasting ourself out of the dangerzone

source: myteamfortress.de (in german unfortunately :) )

AnAkkk

Check this:
http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/

Riemu

element //

lol

can you PLEASE stop making threads about new unlockables being allowed into leagues?

how the hell should anyone know before actually playtesting it for 2-3 days? ;)

the new flamethrower + axe are useless – no reason to deny them for leagues. the flare gun will most probably be not as usefull as the shotgun anyway, ans therefor useless

Vlijm

UbeR |

pyro’s for the world domination
finally since critz were taken off, we can reign the world again

pukz

can you PLEASE stop making threads about new unlockables being allowed into leagues?

How dare we use the forum to discuss things before Riemu has an opinion

:P

Fiend

wMiC?

these tf2 updates are becomin a joke like the game isnt a joke anyway jeez! xD

F2

Danmark

Riemu, the backburner does indeed work on nocrits servers, and I’m guessing the new axe also works.

well just put classlimit 0 for pyro and bye bye :p

Vlijm

UbeR |

NO! :(

AnAkkk

Nice that the new weapons work. The main problem with criticals hit is the randomness, but those weapons give 100 % critical hits (one when you hit the back of someone, one when he is burning), so there is no randomness at all. I don’t see any problem with them.

I hope they are allowed like the new medic weapons.

Trimmer

#misChief
TSF

I don’t think any weapon that allows 100% crit should be allowed in the game unless you allow kritzkreig as well, and as that currently doesn’t work on servers where Crits are turned off i don’t think you can allow any of the other weapons allowing guaranteed crits either.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »