Forum

Steam Broadcasting

Created 3rd December 2014 @ 07:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

oxocuboid

(ETF2L Donator)
LOOΠΔ

Had a quick go with it last night, my observations:

Cannot output more than 30fps. I usually stream on twitch with 60 and the quality drop is obviously noticeable.
Anything other than 16:9 gets butchered with the resolution settings, r.i.p. 16:10 stream.
In game overlay is sweet, including chat in game, bandwidth usage and current viewers. I wish I was able to have something like this for twitch/obs without having to buy a second monitor.

I think my main gripe beyond the settings (which, as the feature gets more development time will become more fleshed out) is the way starting a broadcast is handled – the always on attitude is kinda worrying when the option to stream desktop is available, and leads to some interesting questions about privacy and whatnot.

I dunno. It might end up like a bunch of other projects Valve ends up starting and it doesn’t get the featureset it deserves. Will be interesting to see develop over time.

Vitilumi

tbd

Indeed it would be fantastic if the lag was reduced and the quality was enhanced. For now, Twitch is safe and most likely will be for a long time.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from hr

[…]
Imagine if they made a way to upload a TF2 demo live which is then processed on their end and sent out as video real time – that would be fucking sick.

STV. :D

hr

Quoted from ash

[…]

STV. :D

No that’s not the same thing and there is not a way to watch an STV without an instance of TF2 running.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2