Forum

150+ ping to french ip's

Created 20th November 2014 @ 13:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Lupus

IKEA

I’ve been getting 100 ping + to the normal ping i would get to french servers or servers that my ip re-routes though France I guess.This has been happening for about 15 days now and i’ve pretty much tried everything.So if anyone that has any fresh ideas,or even people that have gotten this in the past perphaps that have fixed it and how would be really apretiated.Also this happens on mumble too so its not a tf2 related problem for sure.Thanks in Reverse!!! c:

Goat

bobs

Have the same issue but for me it happens only at times.
It’s a routing issue and you have to let your ISP know about it and hope that they’ll fix it.

Lupus

IKEA

did that they said it wasn’t on their end

Goat

bobs

Does it happen all the time and to all French servers?
I mostly get 100+ ping to pickup servers but 9 on the gfm mge servers.
Run some tracerts and post em here. I’m not too confident on this topic but I’m quite sure that it’s your isps fault.

Lupus

IKEA

just imagine you have these servers that you just add 100 to them + the normal ping you get to them.hasn’t gone down for 15 days.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Both us and your ISP need the actual output of you doing a traceroute to a given IP you have a high ping to.

hit Win + R > type in ‘cmd’ > hit enter
tracert 123.45.678.48 > hit enter

Replace the gibberish IP above with the actual IP.

Selek

Dr. med.

If it’s a routing problem, which it sounds like it is, your ISP has to do something about it.

I suppose the only things you yourself could do would be to change your ISP or use a VPN for this. If it is a good one, your ping won’t be that much higher than you would have with decent routing.

profix

FLANK

Quoted from ash

Both us and your ISP need the actual output of you doing a traceroute to a given IP you have a high ping to.

hit Win + R > type in ‘cmd’ > hit enter
tracert 123.45.678.48 > hit enter

Replace the gibberish IP above with the actual IP.

Alternatively try the command pathping instead of tracert. Pretty much combines tracert and ping and adds some additional information like packet loss. Takes a bit longer though… Two to five minutes from my experience.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc958876.aspx

Last edited by profix,

AnimaL

get a different isp or uk vpn

CHERRY

Quoted from AnimaL

And that would help with what?

AnimaL

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
And that would help with what?

the obvious routing issue that shitty uk isps have?

jx53

Quoted from AnimaL

what

CHERRY

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]the obvious routing issue that shitty uk isps have?

He’s from Bulgaria though unless he forgot to add that he doesn’t live in a country he set on profile.

AnimaL

oh fuck me and all the newkids with oldschool player names… i thought its dr lupus :D

nfi about bulgaria but if they have internet there and vpn servers you could try free vpn to see if it improves anything? softether + vpn gate to get public servers

Add A Reply Pages: 1