Forum

Badlands window, and recent patch

Created 12th July 2013 @ 08:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

explode

Thanks for all of the information surrounding this part of cp_badlands. It is very helpful for us to know when things unexpectedly change in maps and content, and we really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

The mix up here is that we changed the collision on the widow to be solid in the CP version of this map in late 2008, and have been using this version of the map internally since then – Internally it appeared as if no recent changes had been made to that geometry. However, these changes were never updated to players. When we shipped the map with the recent update, these old fixes as well as the new ones made their way to players.

For now, we would like to monitor how these changes settle as the intent is for that window to not be a player passable space.

Thanks again,
-cAyle

http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

General:
– Fixed Quick-Fix infinite heal exploit
– Fixed missing Cow Mangler 5000 particles when running in DirectX8
– Fixed Disco Beat Down unusual effect showing through walls
– Fixed incorrect projectile speed attributes being applied to giants in Mann vs. Machine
– When disguised as a teammate, the Dead Ringer will drop the body of the player the Spy is disguised as
– Fixed a bug where arrows and bolts would hit friendly players
– Fixed a bug where Strange parts and filters could not be removed from Strange weapons
– Fixed the “Show Entire Backpack” option in the crafting panel not preserving empty backpack slots and forcing items to stack

Maps:
– Fixed an areaportal improperly rendering in pl_goldrush
– Fixed players getting out of map in cp_standin
– Fixed players hiding in vents in cp_standin
– Adjusted HDR lighting in cp_process

Mark

Phase

Crazy how out of touch they are.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Fucks given by Vavle = 0.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Can someone explain to a non-mapper, what the map changes basically mean? Collision stuff etc?

beach

[DA]
[DA]

no more badlands middle sticky traps either :(

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Andee

Can someone explain to a non-mapper, what the map changes basically mean? Collision stuff etc?

collision

col·li·sion [kuh-lizh-uhn] Show IPA

noun
the act of colliding; a coming violently into contact; crash: the collision of two airplanes.

a clash; conflict: a collision of purposes.

Physics. the meeting of particles or of bodies in which each exerts a force upon the other, causing the exchange of energy or momentum.

——————————————————————————–

Origin:
1400–50; late Middle English < Late Latin collīsiōn- (stem of collīsiō ), equivalent to collīs ( us ) (past participle of collīdere to collide) + -iōn- -ion

Related forms
col·li·sion·al, adjective

an·ti·col·li·sion, adjective

Can be confused: collision, collusion.

Koala

Limp, no need to be a faggot.

Quoted from Andee

Basically you can’t jump through the window anymore yet you can shoot through it, however, you can’t shoot through window’s panes, stickies will just stick to it and rockets will explode in your face.

Last edited by Koala,

derdotte

Blood

its so sad that they did this stuff even the rollout for demo got a lot harder now with the stair jump just because they do not want to have invisible sticky traps.
instat of using a invisible block texture and put it in front of the prop they could have used func_physbox_multiplayer to prevent shooting stickies into the props but would not effect the demo rollout because you can just walk though it.
func_physbox_multiplayer explandation: (you should know every basic and some advanced stuff about mapping!!!)sdk wiki
i cant really do it now because i dont have time and i think its already been working on a pro version of badlands.

Setsul

Quoted from derdotte

its so sad that they did this stuff even the rollout for demo got a lot harder now with the stair jump just because they do not want to have invisible sticky traps.
instat of using a invisible block texture and put it in front of the prop they could have used func_physbox_multiplayer to prevent shooting stickies into the props but would not effect the demo rollout because you can just walk though it.
func_physbox_multiplayer explandation: (you should know every basic and some advanced stuff about mapping!!!)sdk wiki
i cant really do it now because i dont have time and i think its already been working on a pro version of badlands.

The kaidus jump™ still works. Haven’t tested other jumps yet.
The two doorways in front of the small medpack were the best sticky trap that ever existed. Works everytime (if you know when and how to use it) and you get the medic and might even get the demo or the pocket or both as a bonus (Hi reverto, nice drop btw).

Nick

since most soldiers are not capable of jumping out of the window properly it’s not a shame at all

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Nick

since most soldiers are not capable of jumping out of the window properly it’s not a shame at all

:(

siouxsie

0fo
io-

Hello if anyone is unclear on the window problem this video shows it clearly. I hope this helps fix it, the window was very useful for jumping through and I’d rather Valve removed the bars completely than made them solid.

octane

Quoted from derdotte

DOTTE IN ACTION!!

Link!

.:ne:.

Limp hates everyone and everything

aura

shit developers = shit game

not the other way around ;)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »