Forum

Steam Group: Unusual 6vs6 TF2 Maps / looking for admins

Created 19th October 2012 @ 13:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Crafz

Missing map variety? Then this is the group for you!

This group is for European TF2 6vs6 players who are tired of always playing the same maps.

An Admin will post an announcement. We will then try to get a double mix going to play different maps. Medics will be chosen by a spec attack if we don’t find two volunteers.

/// Rules and Requirements ///
* Mumble and TF2
* Decent English skillz.
* Low or higher skill.
* Don’t cheat.
* Don’t get on everybody’s nerves.

/// Banned Maps ///
cp_badlands
cp_gullywash_final1
cp_granary
cp_snakewater
cp_process_b10fix

/// Mumble Data ///
Name: Unusual Maps
Ip: 85.236.105.19
Port: 2487

Steam Group (client redirect): Link

Steam Group (browser link): Link
Third party maps: Link
Google Code (mirror): Link

I am looking for players who can run this group without my help. Add me on Steam if you are interested. Sm or rcon rights for a server are required.

Note: We don’t have a set map pool, but we wont play the banned maps.

Last edited by Crafz,

wrock

vier

awesome idea +rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: how about unlocks?

Last edited by wrock,

Setlet

Good idea but I would join it (although I can’t) because I want to test these new maps, not because I’m bored of the old maps.

I just think it’s pretty stupid thing to say that one is “bored of the old maps”

atmo

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etf2lmaptesters

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Yeah, new map testing group has been doing this for a while. Feel free to join and suggest some maps, organise some games.

Crafz

@Setlet
What do you mean by old and new maps? The idea of this group is to be able to play all those maps which you can’t simply play in #tf.wars. I would like to play third party maps like cp_ashville too, look a the “Third party maps” link.

@atmo, @CrashSite
Didnt know this group existed, but: Last activity 13 March 2012
Or group is different on the part that the maps don’t have to be new. Basically we can play every map witch is not on the “Banned Maps” list. I will join this group too.

Edit:
@wrock
Not sure, didn’t make my mind up about that. Lets talk about it in the steam chat or in a group thread.

Last edited by Crafz,

Squirry

nNT ≠

nvm, spoke with Crafz about that and changed my mind.

Last edited by Squirry,

wpminnows

[PG]

bring back mach4

choiie

keso

Tell me if you play quay!

Crafz

If you want to discuss maps, please do that in the group forum: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/unusualtf2maps/discussionsLink[/url]
Or contact me on Steam.

Sketch

MM

These are not unusual maps. They are bad maps that we don’t play anymore for good reason.

The maps suggested by others are much better than those in the download.

Dikker

4-25

enough servers?

ps: good idea ^^

MEGAMIDDIE

bad maps in general

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Ashville is aids. There is a reason nobody plays it. But yeah, if you want 12 people punching themselves in their face…knock yourself out.

Crafz

@Sketch
Lucky, in this group you don’t get to decide which maps are bad and good. It seems very odd to me that the good maps are always those which the etf2l Admins like. Also, which maps suggested? Quay: hugely unfinished. Mach4: ctf, and narrow. But we can talk about those the mirror isn’t cut in stone.

@Dikker
One server should be enough for starters.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »