Forum

TF2 Daily? Day[9] Offspring

Created 28th June 2011 @ 19:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Defur

So the articles about TF2 recently has mostly been about TF2 being free, and how we in the competative community can capitilize on it.

And I was thinking, maybe I could try to start making some sort of Daily’s like in the same fashion as Day9 but as in TF2?
(I know that there is probably a shitload who now thinks, who the fuck is Defur, and why does he think he is capabable of doing something like Day9 – who was a SC:BW pro, while I’m not. While I can write down the reasons to why I think I’m capabable of it, I feel that its not important, try to not to focus on that, more on the idea.)

It wouldnt be an exact clone, but the concept: talking, helping, taking up valid points, making people interested in the competative side

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Defur,

Rotab

≧◡≦

who the fuck is Defur

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Defur

So the articles about TF2 recently has mostly been about TF2 being free, and how we in the competative community can capitilize on it.

And I was thinking, maybe I could try to start making some sort of Daily’s like in the same fashion as Day9 but as in TF2?
(I know that there is probably a shitload who now thinks, who the fuck is Defur, and why does he think he is capabable of doing something like Day9 – who was a SC:BW pro, while I’m not. While I can write down the reasons to why I think I’m capabable of it, I feel that its not important, try to not to focus on that, more on the idea.)

It wouldnt be an exact clone, but the concept: talking, helping, taking up valid points, making people interested in the competative side

What do you guys think?

Maybe get a team of people to help, rather than carrying the entire burden on your own back. Get maybe 3 or 4 people who can do it that way you guarantee something every day!

But i don’t see why not, there’s not one specific person i can think of that could do it so why NOT you? Everyone looks at Day[9] and thinks SC2 but before the dailies he was just another faceless, nameless BW Progamer (I’m exaggerating but you get me.).

Last edited by Enef,

Wabbeh

Day9 is not only an extremely gifted orator, most people dont have good enough internet to stream, and analysing a SC2 game is very different from TF2 (team fps vs 1v1 rts). Also day9 said himself that it takes him about 6 hours to make a daily, which is way too much time for most people in the community.

Oh fuck sorry thought you were suggesting someone in the community did it (I didnt even read it first hurfadurf) sure go for it, youve got nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

Last edited by Wabbeh,

Dummy

the fucks a daily

Defur

Quoted from Wabbeh

Day9 is not only an extremely gifted orator, most people dont have good enough internet to stream, and analysing a SC2 game is very different from TF2 (team fps vs 1v1 rts). Also day9 said himself that it takes him about 6 hours to make a daily, which is way too much time for most people in the community.

Oh fuck sorry thought you were suggesting someone in the community did it (I didnt even read it first hurfadurf) sure go for it, youve got nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

I was also thinking of going for more simplified stuff in that case, since the games are infact so different.
Like for example: Instead of going through 5-6 games (to see the veriaty) you could instead go for a simple thing like really basic stuff, that way videos can become more 30 minutes, than 1 hour +

Examples:
What is the best way to the middle of badlands?
What is the best way to attack the spire on badlands? Why?

Or, analyze communication – like recordings of clans mumble.

I dunno really, I havent taken this into SERIOUS BSNS considiration yet – it’s just an idea that sounded alot of fun in my head.

And would like some feedback from the competative community ^^

Enef: Sure I dont see why not really, would be nice to split stuff up, just didnt think anyone else would be interested in this. :P

Last edited by Defur,

Wabbeh

I like the sound of the daily 30 minute strat sessions, try & get some high level guests and please please please upload onto youtube aswell fml justintv VODs stream sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I’m planning on doing demoman VOD’s, just general basics.

The more people doing the core basics the better, as TF2 competitive does have a bit of a learning curve for people that just start out.

The good thing going for us is that we don’t have to go through a list of unlocks.

Skyride

DUCS

Too much of what TF2 is about, is to do with personal ability. You can’t teach people how to aim or work with a team in a video.

Also, a lot of what day9 is talking about is meta game. In comparison to Starcraft, it is literally laughable to suggest that TF2 even has a meta game. There is more strategy involved in the first 7 minutes of a game of SC2, than there is an entire Bo3 series in TF2, infact that goes for pretty much any well known FPS game for that matter (barring QL 1v1). I’m not saying “lol tf2 ez”, it just isn’t that type of game.

Sure, let’s get some awesome videos introducing people to the basics of 6v6 TF2, there’s a lot to learn. But something analogous to the Day9 dailies for TF2 is going to run out of things to talk about very, very quickly.

Last edited by Skyride,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Skyride

Too much of what TF2 is about, is to do with personal ability. You can’t teach people how to aim or work with a team in a video.

Also, a lot of what day9 is talking about is meta game. In comparison to Starcraft, it is literally laughable to suggest that TF2 even has a meta game. There is more strategy involved in the first 7 minutes of a game of SC2, than there is an entire Bo3 series in TF2, infact that goes for pretty much any well known FPS game for that matter (barring QL 1v1). I’m not saying “lol tf2 ez”, it just isn’t that type of game.

Sure, let’s get some awesome videos introducing people to the basics of 6v6 TF2, there’s a lot to learn. But something analogous to the Day9 dailies for TF2 is going to run out of things to take about very, very quickly.

Please.
For the love.
Of God.
I beg you all.
Listen to him.
Don’t let the insanity spread on.

evokje

WiK?

Make an etf2l youtube chanel, get a team of people and make tutorials,dailys all that good stuff in one chanel

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from evokje

Make an etf2l youtube chanel, get a team of people and make tutorials,dailys all that good stuff in one chanel

Huge + for this.

Waebi

‹Con›

there’s simply not enough shit to talk about, and if you actually bother to do it you’ll soon notice you need an INSANE amount of time to coordinate all of it.
gl if you (with a team of others, i suppose) pull it off – maybe suggest it to VanillaTV (more of a “weekly” though :)

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Maybe make it into a round table discussion weekly on various subjects with 2-3 main people and 1-2 guests. (similair to the tf2talkings but more focused on tactics and stuff.)

Try and get a multitude of different levels and everything covered, imo.

Wiiking

its always easier just to try it out once or twice, dun even have to do it live, record it and ask a couple of friends to give feedback.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »