Forum

TFTrue : Fov option? Vote!

Created 9th January 2009 @ 20:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

Wiiking

aight im for… but 110 max…….

Assault Marine Sigh

So 90fov is not the same for widescreen ?
then surely its not 90 fov .. it will be higher … ill run some checks.
Either way I still am against lol
ill stop where I am anyway else ill make more of a fool of myself ^^

AnAkkk

Sigh, I don’t really know if you can call that a fov change. But you do see more with widescreen resolutions. There is a site which was comparing the different aspect ratios (4:3, 16:9 and 16:10) in TF2 and showing that you can see more with the widescreen ones.

EDIT:

See here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Team_Fortress_2

And here:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Hor_plus

The horizontal FOV is increased with widescreen resolutions.

Assault Marine Sigh

Thanks for the links ill check it out (tip to others, buy a widescreen ;))
Edit : I see. Well I guess for those without a widescreen id be less likely to have an issue with altering the FOV. ;)

ONlock

YOYO\'

Changing my 144 hz 4:3 CRT for a crappy 75 hz widescreen LCD? NO WAY! :D

Anyway you can play with widescreen resolutions on 4:3 screens without any biggy.

But, I’m not sure what to think here. I believe it would be harder to play spy/scout indeed with a FOV option.

And I’m a scout, so I’m against it! :)

Things are nice just the way they are.

Norris

used to play 110 in tfc. wouldn’t mind it in tf2 when valve would add it. no for a plugin. as I do play often on pubs it would be cruel to switch between the 90 on pubs and the higher tftrue value. don’t depart league and public play even more.

Haunter

its just silly adding fov option, u will get used to use fov in ur server, but if u play against some teams/leagues that doesnt want to use tftrue, will force u to go back to old fov…

a change like that has to be made by valve

destructo

viewmodel_fov please, kthxbye :(((

Jan

k0

+1111111111 destructo :>

lork

+11111111111111111111111111111111
janman

fov 110 is ok for me :D

byte

For once i have to agree with Haunter, its a change that needs to be made by Valve to allow that option jus like the option for crits was enabled/disabled etc…

Can you imagine playing soldier with 110 fov then its been restricted to default i.e. max is 90 and min is 75 due to the server

a) not having tftrue or
b) league not allowing it

I’m all for the increase of fov even tho i play fov 75 with demo but as for the other classes i play 90 and would like a bit more maybe, but seriously guys. You’re trying to make TF2 into a tfc/quake game when its never ever going to be that because its a comedy game its not a fast paced deathmatching game. It has cartoon character’s and melee weapons and the heavy has a joke sandwich to heal him. Get over the fact that TF2 is not a fast paced quake/warsow/ut3/painkiller game and just accept it how it is!

Cheers

Byte

toasty.

PHX

byte,

Whats the advantage of the lower fov, just personal preference or do you think it helps aim or what?

byte

pm meh on irc! will explain to u then Mr Toasty. Ain’t bk til 6pm/7pmish 2night tho ! ;x

Cheers

Byte

Crusa

Troopers

I’m against this.

All these changes should be made by Valve and definately NOT some small “competitive” community by popularity vote.
What are you gonna do? Make some tftrue options possible if majority (lets say 51%) agrees on that? That makes 49% of the people not like the thing and enough of this will make them quite. After that you add some other options and again you loose some people because of that.
The point is you are not bringing the scene together, you are breaking it up.

These TFtrue issues are something that needs to be made based on strong data and by someone who is somewhat unbias in their opinions. This means game developers (Valve). Top clans of the scene hardly qualify.

AnAkkk

“its a change that needs to be made by Valve to allow that option jus like the option for crits was enabled/disabled etc…”

VALVe would have never made an option to enable/disable crits if they haven’t seen a lot of people use TFTrue to do that.

But for the FOV, I do agree that the problem will be when you’ll go to a server without it.

I’m not especially for the FOV thing, but a lot of people want it, so I created this topic.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »