Forum

TFTrue : Fov option? Vote!

Created 9th January 2009 @ 20:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Rele

“+ fov 110-120 *doesn’t* give you any advantage.”

Then why change it? If fov 110 doesnt give an advantage, fov 90 doesnt give a disadvantage, right?

For. FOV is all about personal preference really – Byte uses 75 and most other TF2 gamers use 90. If they want more, give them it. :) Even though I’ll be sticking to my 90, it’ll be interesting to see people using other FOV’s.

Blackman

tftrue ftw

Stimpack

pck.`

I’m against.

marrr

> We are against
why?
> 2 Relentless
average 3 year old kid has better logic then you. right?
rtfm about the fov & stuff and then make up ur mind.
but at least u r not talking about “tf2 is not quake” :)

cf

anakain please change a viewmodel_fov to no cheat command it would be so useful to soldiers and scouts

Rele

“> We are against
why?”

Because people have their own opinions?
Why are you for it? You say yourself that it doesnt give an advantage at all.

“rtfm about the fov & stuff and then make up ur mind.”

As if fov is such an unclear and complicated command.
Basically you seem to me like someone that thinks “U r shit, because you dont share my opinion.”

kolox

obs.

Presumably many people here used higher FOVs in previous games, and would like to do so again – it’s not that hard to grasp.

Only problem is that it would be hard for people using the higher FOV to play on non tft servers once they are used to it, and they would only be able to practice on tft servers.. Then if etf2l doesnt use it in the league you have to go back to 90 fov and you’re at a disadvantage cause you’re not as used to it :x

J3

the only point I see for this is to lock the r_Aspectratio, otherwise I think u r adding too much stuff into this and it will bring too much indecision. I think for now tftrue is fine just dont screw it.
as a real supporter of tftrue I have to vote against…

kolox

obs.

Yeah, if we get higher FOV, lock r_aspectratio to 0 – it makes sense

for

no limitations + gimme fisheye k
http://strlen.com/gfxengine/fisheyequake/compare.html
^^

to be serious, I’m for locking it at 100~120 (I mean 75-100 ~ 75-120, I won’t pick an exact value as I’m not sure how much would high values cripple scouts and spies)

veehell

-cavalier-

NO for FOV.

Waebi

‹Con›

“+ fov 110-120 *doesn’t* give you any advantage.”

“Then why change it? If fov 110 doesnt give an advantage, fov 90 doesnt give a disadvantage, right?”

“average 3 year old kid has better logic then you. right?
rtfm about the fov & stuff and then make up ur mind.”

mari4ek, the logic is there and it makes quite some sense. So please stop calling people braindead and stuff.

To all: Why do you want it if it gives no advantage? Just for nice widescreen wallpapers?
And yes, as medic i will love it :S

Back to topic: make it a command which can be fixed to a limit by the league (and then i hope they will fix it to 110 MAX) and we’re fine.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

because it looks awesmoe waebi

marrr

> Because people have their own opinions?
people must make up their mind on the subject based on some facts. otherwise they are pathetic idiots. so u can’t just say no to feature that gives no harm. u must provide an explanation.
fov don’t give any advantage. and if u knew what is it not from a picture and ‘its not quake gtfo thx’ then u wont whine here and vote against without a reason. its like saying
‘wtf u aim better on low sens, so lets cap it to 5-10. end of discussion’
fov is not ‘bad’ feature. u just cant vote against. you can say that u need it(will use it) or not.

can u guys give me few reasons why not? (no advantage & not quake – is stupid, lets move on)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »