Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 41 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

sounds like heaven tbh, where can i test this if i don’t have a server or friends.

Penguin_

I’m with Jones. This game wins alot on random damage. If I’d like a game that’s “perfect” competivly I’d play q3 or CS 1.6.

Darn

rockit like

Random damage doesnt affect _that_ much, 80-85% of times better players wins.

AnAkkk

It still affects a lot, when you see grenades and stickies damage changing that much, so why not just remove it?

Bash

People are still using the “damage bug” that hasn’t even existed since the first day of the latest patch as an excuse for their personal anti-demoman campaigns. My god you are either fucking idiots or really dishonest.

Norrland3000

Demoman aren’t the problem, the scouts these days are, Scouts need two shots at every freaking class in the game (heavy and buffed players not included), don’t think thats the point of this game.

Scout should be a sneaky class. It has its speed as an advantage. 3 shots are fine, but i don’t think that a scout should be able to take out a medic with 2 shots. 2 Scouts can just jump out and shoot 1 shot each “BAM! Medic down….” fun? nahh…

has happend alot after the latest patch, and it isn’t every scout that can do this, they hit every shot but they don’t do the damage that other scouts do…why can’t every scout do this? ping/lag canät be the problem, maybe different settings i dont know but something isn’t right..

Why doesn’t anyone complain about this? :)

(sorry about my english…)

Akill

‘Scout should be a sneaky class.’ what? spy?

the metagame at the time in tf2 is about tanking your medic around, countering oppositions assassination attempts, and using uber to push areas.

In any game, competitively your supposed to adapt to situations to make the best attempt to win as possible. If your letting the opposition scouts get one close shot each on your medic your clearly (not to sound like an e-tard) doing it wrong.

theres alot of debate amongst competitive gamers in many different circles and game designers about what should be considered overpowered and what should be considered just another learning curve

Obviously there are limits to the metagame rule, in that ‘overpowered’ tactics stop the game from becoming interesting or tactical, to a degree. for instance if the scout could soak up so much damage that they could rush every other class head on and blow them away with much risk it would be overpowered because the game would be totally dominated by the idea of the scout

Gaarulf

UP|

Why do people come with “If you wan’t to play a good competitive game, play CS or Q3” When people are suggesting FIXES to make TF2 more competitive?

It’s like, you have made some food, but it doesn’t taste all that good. Someone is suggesting to enter some ingredients, but some other dude says “If you wanna eat something good, order a pizza or something”.

gregz

Last edited by gregz,

F2

Danmark

Why remove random crits [which is really just random damage scaled up] but not normal random damage?
With random damage 1 sticky sometimes kills a scout, sometimes it doesn’t.
Same with crits, if you randomly get a crit rocket it is gonna kill them, otherwise not.
People seem to agree to remove crits, but not random damage? Isn’t that a contradiction?

Mick-

I was totally FOR the TFTrue plugin back in the day when it was used to block the criticals (ofc) but for the static damages , i’m totally against it , even if it sounds like a contradiction :D for me it’s totally useless.. we should keep the game the way it is and stop crying , and tbh even if there is let’s say 5% of luck in the game , that’s not a bad thing..a

Making the game more predictable will kill tf2 , if you already know as a scout than you can ‘rush’ a demoman because he can’t kill you with one stickies/pipes that will change the gameplay A LOT

The game was released one year ago and have always been using random damages, the community is growing and you want to kill the community by using a plugin who make the game more elitist ? , that’s totally dumb imo , the randomness of the game make the charm of TF2 , i dont want to know than with a rocket and 1 shotgun hit i can kill someone , i love the excitement of not being able to predict when my opponent will die , and i like it :D

Jones

Well pointed out Mick I totally agree with you.

@ F2 – Thats an extreme example of random damage and so not a contradiction. The same way I like a “little” (random damage) salt on my chips but not “loads” (crits). Crits weren’t random anyway.

In terms of classes being over powered. I think the only class that needs tweaking is the soldier. Playing a few days ago I ran head on into a scout in a narrow corridor. Point blank range I shoot the scout in the face with a rocket. Miliseconds after the scout fired the shotgun and I was instantly dead from full health. During this encounter – the scout was a heavier class than the soldier which is retarded.

AnAkkk

-_- some want to nerf demoman, some scout, and now some soldier, lol. Please stop with the class nerfing discussions…

To answer some of the questions before:
1) Could you remove the random spread?
Yes, it would be possible, but the players would still see the random spread, because it would only be removed on the server, and there is no way to tell the clients that there is no spread. I think it would be too much confusing for people then.

2) Could you put back the “Soldier’s 40% damage reduction from his own rockets. Does not affect rocket jumps” (quoted from TF2 changelog) ?
I’ve looked through the hidden cvars, and there is one which affect the soldier self damage, but it’s only for rocket jumps, it doesn’t affect when just firing a rocket at your foots. It would need to code the whole thing, not sure if it would be easy, but I’ll ask the coder (Didrole).

Mick, I don’t really understand how this would kill the game.
5% luck? Well then you should play more demoman, instead of playing soldier.
You can still kill a scout with a sticky if he’s near you, because of distance base damage.
“the randomness of the game make the charm of TF2”
Well, for most of people, that one of the main problem of TF2, the randomness. That’s why lot of people want to remove it, like it was done with crits.

@Jones : Crits weren’t random? wtf? Do you even know how crits work? It’s based on a crit “CHANCE” which start at 5 % and will go up because of the damage you done in the last 20 sec, but since it’s crit CHANCE, it’s random, you can’t predict how much crits you’ll do. You could be really lucky and fire like 4 crit rockets, and not be at all and don’t fire any crit rockets.

Jones

look up the definition of random & I think you will find I’m right ^^

“It’s based on a crit “CHANCE” which start at 5 % and will go up because of the damage you done in the last 20 sec” —> isn’t random.

Random damage is random (or as close to random as possible)

mercu

HolyShit!

Let’s repeat aswell, the plugin is in beta test, so maybe others ideas will keep appearing and everybody will be satisfied at the end.

Like the fact, some peoples want to keep a bit of randomness, why not add a little variable to the current (min dmg +max dmg) / 2 => until +/- 10%.

I take an example, if a pipe make 120 damage at point blank in close combat (with the (min+max)/2 thingy), it could do between 108 (120 -10%) and 132 (120 +10%). It’s easy to code and it keeps the spirit of the game (some adjustements can be done).

Like everybody, i like the randomness of this game, but i’m just tired, like everybody said, to get killed in 2 shots from 2km or see a scout still alive after i puted 2 pipes in his body in close combat.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 41 Next »