Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 38 39 40 41 Next »

Rotab

≧◡≦

How does the SM hitsound plugin do them? The hit beep on pingtimeout tf2dm is quite nice.

buttons/button17.wav with a different pitch depending on the damage.

Deleteme

New TDH sounds awesome, maybe a bit less fall-off to compensate (10-20%).

Also, the equaliser needs to be something soldiers use as a bit of a last resort, not something they can be aggressive with. A max damage of 100-115 should be fine. I think reducing max speed to medic speed would be a good move too, just so scouts can hunt down fleeing soldiers etc. Overall just a small nerf on both attributes.

Max speed with the equaliser is still lower than that of a scout.

Really? Me and a mate tried it, i was on 1hp and successfully chasing him (scout), maybe i was just cutting corners a bit.

Memento Mori

Equalizer isn’t a problem, the Direct Hit should be sorted out (nerfed until it hits backburner status).

RaCio

GoT²

Max speed with the equaliser is still lower than that of a scout.

Really? Me and a mate tried it, i was on 1hp and successfully chasing him (scout), maybe i was just cutting corners a bit.

If the scout walks backwards you can chase him, otherwise he will run faster. http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/File:Equalizerdamagespeed.PNG

Last edited by RaCio,

Why even compare the two, the only time when it really matters is on the way to mid maybe where scouts should still be a bit faster due to doublejump and quite a lot faster since the solly will be on 1 HP and have to wait in a corner for the medic to arrive and heal him up- which won’t take long, fair enough, but he effectively isnt really there unless I’m missing something.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Will you be adding fixed/regular pellet spread, Anakin?

AnAkkk

The hitbeeps now use the buttons/button17.wav sound and are damage based.

For the FaN, the only solution ATM is to replace it with a Scattergun, and apply FaN attributes to it:

TFTrue FaN(Scattergun):
+50% faster firing speed
+20% bullets per shot
-10% damage done
-60% clip size

Normal FaN:
+50% faster firing speed
+20% bullets per shot
-10% damage done
-60% clip size
-Knockback on the target and the shooter
-No reload single (when you reload, it reload 2 bullet every times)

When I remove the knockback, I also need to remove the “no reload single”, otherwise it fucks up the reloading (reloading is instant).

Any ideas for the FaN? Could it stay like this?

EDIT:

Admirable, fixed pellet spread is possible but it would not show up on the client, and that probably not something easy to do.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Mark

Phase

Does the fan still do self knockback? I think the triple jump is kind of important.

AnAkkk

Well, the problem is that the self knockback is part of the knockback on target and shooter attribute. So it’s either keep both or remove both.

I also have to set the new FaN to the correct reloading times, but since it no longer reloads 2 bullet at one time, maybe it should keep the scattergun reloading time?

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

The model will look like the scatter gun ?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Excellent work AnAkIn

Deleteme

How is todays update going to effect tftrue?

Last edited by Deleteme,

RaCio

GoT²

It just killed it

AnAkkk

Nice, now I can just delete the hitbeeps code, lol.

So, how does the new update affect the FaN? Does it still need to be fixed?

AnAkkk

Anyone got a linux server and would be able to put the new version to see if it works, before I release it?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 38 39 40 41 Next »