Forum

ETF2L Premier

Created 21st November 2008 @ 16:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Thinking of running a premier tournament and looking for numbers on who would enter. If we can get enough teams then I will make it happen. For those that know it, yes this would be very similar to CEVO-P for the euro scene. We are still working on getting sponsors for the regular league but this will also give the top teams something to play for. It is not done with replacing Division 1 in mind atm. I’m looking at how popular this would be as a separate tournament. Any team can enter this whether you are division 1 or division 5 providing the funds are put forward!

6 vs 6, class limit 2 / medic limit 1 / demo limit 1
NA based league format. A season is played where every team plays each other once in a league to determine seedings, followed by a knockout playoff stage to determine final positions. Top spots get a BYE to the final stages of the playoff so its worth doing as well as possible in the league stage but still worth lower teams playing because they still have a route to the final.
Playoffs will be double elimination so one loss doesnt mean your out.
Ruleset tightened including locked rosters, games played at the right time, and default wins if a team doesn’t show.
Games will be played on an NL based server provided by ETF2L (I have a top sponsor confirmed already should I go ahead with the competition). NL servers will provide the best pings all round for all participants as well it being neutral. Servers will have STV’s for spectators as well.
3 premier games a week covered, 1 each by ETF2L Radio, QuadV, and Gamefire. So there will be a large amount of coverage.
Each team pays €50 (50 Euro’s) to enter.
1st place wins 50% of the pot, 2nd 35%, and 3rd 15%.
Timescale is up for discussion. I’d like to get this going as soon as possible, however we’d get about 2 games in before having to take a break for christmas. So I think the best option would be to have December for signups and getting everything ready, and beginning the tournament in early Jan.

Obviously the more teams enter the more you can win. Everyone can get a chance, whether you do it the easy way and end higher up and get a BYE to the final stages or have to do it the harder way and go through the lower bracket.
We have enough orgs to be able to make this happen and give you a good reason to play! Even if your team is not strong enough to play at the top (new teams like KomaCrew for example) you will have time until the playoff stages to improve to the level. Not coming top in the league doesn’t kill your chances of taking the top spot later.

If you wouldn’t enter, why not?

light

each team pays €50 to me and i spend it all? ;X

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

Sounds good, wotr2 would enter :)
£10 per person would be better for entry though in my opinion. not that much and would get the tournament more money

Falling Away

the majority of the players here use euros, so using £’s is just silly, even though it wouldn’t matter either way for me.

Good idea though.

F2

Danmark

The only reason not to enter is the €50 (especially for lower skilled teams when only top3 wins money), but it isn’t an unreasonable amount.

nvc

if u ask for prizemoney to enter, people like me will download cheats to win

np

best way to do it is to seed teams by their positions in each division anyway, then it gives teams something to work for in addition to just playing it when the time comes (though it would mean division two would seed a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 24 or something like that) which i guess would annoy the others paying the same amount to enter… so actually maybe a bad idea… yes i am thinking out loud

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Enough lower teams show an interest and I will do that nvc. Its entirely possible to have a lower cost for lower teams and have a separate division. But it’d need to be decent numbers to make this worthwhile.

As for anti-cheat. Yeah its an issue. But you come to me with one worthwhile using because my experiences with Aequitas and x-ray have been of nothing but annoyance. I like the idea of having an AC that uploads configs and such like AEQ but it causes all sorts of issues. If anyone has a proven AC that they can put forward then sure I would look into it.

I’m looking for an actual list of teams that would enter so can people e-mail me on mole[at]etf2l.org if they would be entering so that I can get some numbers out of it.

If we can get 10 teams thats a 500 euro pot – 250 for 1st, 175 for 2nd, 75 for 3rd. Make this work and we can look at raising it for the next season if its successful.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

yeah it would be cause of the 50 € entry fee and only top 3 teams gets money back, cause that will prolly be tcm, 4kings and the usual ones. that is the only downside as far as i can see

F2

Danmark

Exactly. It feels like donating money to Mick, which feels really bad.

Puppets

tbh how can a div 5 clan be intersted to pay 50 € to join a tournament the wont win for 99,9 % because there is 4kings and tcm and ubersexuals in it…. id pay 50 € to attend a lan but not for an internet cup just for sponsoring higher teams

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

“Exactly. It feels like donating money to Mick, which feels really bad.”
ROFL

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

I’m not gunna fully pretend that I understood all of that post (I’m kinda tired), but what I took from it was that it would basically be ETF2L with prize money at stake, in a more complicated system, and with lots of the features people have asked for to be in Season 4.

Whilst I think this could be good for higher end teams, who might just get those few lucky results and get unexpectedly far, ultimately it seems likely that we’re just going to be giving money to people in the top teams, and as such, I wouldn’t imagine there’d be huge incentive.

I’ve been thinking recently about whether it would be viable to get teams instead to pay a small amount of money when they join the League, and then all the money within that Division gets added up, and given to the winners. I can see a few advantages and disadvantages to this:

Positives:

– It gives people something to play for
– Money from computer games is always good!
– If it’s a small fee, say 20Euro per team, the winning clan would get 200Euro to split between them

Negatives:

– Some purely fun teams may not want to continue if they have to pay
– One team member may end up paying the whole amount, and the cost may not get split up between players
– If a team loses key players within the season, they may feel that they’ve lost out more
– Badly seeded teams could easily win / lose their money straight away

I’ve just had an idea about a new league style that could include some of this, so I’ll post it once I’ve got my ideas down. However, whilst I think there are some really cool elements to this (winning money, more coverage, matches on time), I’m not sure it would be worth it.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

I actually fully agree with derail’s idea.

Having a entry price to play in etf2l would be great. All the money then being split between first and maybe 2nd place in their division?

toasty.

PHX

Well my clan was going to join etf2l div 5 next season but no way would pay for that (considering we will come last for sure). I guess it depends what you want the etf2l to be?

Its a sure fire way of cutting the amount of clans competing by a significant amount.

kaidus

WiK?

It wouldn’t replace the main league..

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »