Forum

Newcomer Idea (Rough)

Created 26th September 2023 @ 11:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1

♡ Elisio ♡

PB

After having a conversation with a couple people last night, i had a very rough idea to get more newcomers. please let me know if this is daft or add anything that could improve it. The idea was taking 6 players from mid+, this can be through contacting trusted people from the community or taking applications who would create a fresh meat team of their own by finding new comer players in recruitment or getting added by them. Coaching them through the maps and basic hilander play and putting them teams against each other. I think it could take some of the anxiety away from new players who dont know how to run a team or dont get accepted due to lack of experience? its just an idea lemme know <3

edit: i saw like the buddy thing which is quite similar also i think ? but that was 5 years ago is that a thing?

Last edited by ♡ Elisio ♡,

Justice

Atria

As a new comer that only started a month ago. I don’t think i would be playing comp tf2 if nobody was there to teach me. Completely agree with this idea!

P1nball

Africa
jolly

The idea is good but you aren’t going to find 6 players who want to manage and mentor a team.

ashley

IKEA

Quoted from P1nball

The idea is good but you aren’t going to find 6 players who want to manage and mentor a team.

this isnt true
the actual fresh meat cup had at least that many people who were on medic doing the same thing

♡ Elisio ♡

PB

Quoted from P1nball

i hear that i reckon with enough time to plan it 6 could be found.

ivg

GG9

as a newcomer myself, the idea seems really well thought out, on paper. first off there is no gurantee you will find players that are willing to dedicate the time/effort to improving in such a condensed time period. and second off there is no gurantee any team chemistry will be made as there are no prior connections between the players so theyre all basically strangers to one another, tho that might just be me. again, great idea!

(also please mr atria tell your soldier to stop shooting the enemy pyro named ivg thanks)

♡ Elisio ♡

PB

Quoted from ivg

as a newcomer myself, the idea seems really well thought out, on paper. first off there is no gurantee you will find players that are willing to dedicate the time/effort to improving in such a condensed time period. and second off there is no gurantee any team chemistry will be made as there are no prior connections between the players so theyre all basically strangers to one another, tho that might just be me. again, great idea!

(also please mr atria tell your soldier to stop shooting the enemy pyro named ivg thanks)

for sure that is problem but most open teams now were all strangers its just a flip of a coin no matter how you play it id like to see it put into practise myself but yeah (and no stevs a big dog)

Luigixby

Is this like the newcomer division in na? It is a good idea to make newcomer tho, bc sometimes open is a mess with players with years of experience and some newbies, ofc it doesnt always happen, I remember playing my first season and I really lived the disparity of the teams, my team was a pretty new to 6s and we were facing against people who played several years of etf2l and even played in higher divisions. Making the newcomer division will change that, newbies will play with other players making their first steps into comp and the rest who already have the experience will play on other divisions, and this also will make open more interesting, because every offi can be somewhat challenging. The problem is when u encounter the lack of players you are forced to group both divisions, I still think its a pretty neat idea ngl.

Add A Reply Pages: 1