Forum

Highlander Season 23 Preseason Cup Feedback

Created 14th January 2021 @ 23:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Sodium

(Head Admin)
fluffy

This thread is for feedback regarding the Highlander Season 23 preseason cup.

STiNGHAN

inVincible

didnt test any of these weapons
prowater better than v9, obviously
coalplant better than ashville
vigil last is so terrible

Hikari

SeG

vigil fast and fun
coalplant still better than ashville
badwater pro > prowater

beast maps

Citrus

SENS

Prowater is rubbish. The whole idea of badwater pro was to make 3rd point pushable without sniper frags and make blue spy more than an enforcer spammer on that point. Replace badwater with any pl map for good.
Ashvile feels a bit different from coalplant which is I guess refreshing. The map is also not as ugly as coalplant.
Vigil is good. Pity it’ll never make into the season because retards will never vote for the new maps.
Gully is shit. Burn it with fire.
Digging lakeside grave doesn’t feel good either. At least use proside for god sake. At least it’s made for comp.

Last edited by Citrus,

Tercio

inVincible

In terms of weapons both unlucks tested are fine as long as they are not bugged. They would be very situational on higher level anyway

While it comes to maps it is good idea to remove sentry gun spot from shutter. It makes the game flow way smoother.
Generally new ashville still requires some work – I personally think coalplants bads layout and shed + surroundings are superior to their ashville counterparts (coal is bit more wide thus you don’t all get the same spam)

Prowater better than badwater for sure. House to boiler door does a decent job. We should continue to work on the map as it is not ideal yet. I find last bit too hard to push if opposing team has time to set up.

Vigil is hmm. Overall it’s one of the better maps not played in EU, but last is really similar to Borneo one – really hard to push and this is pretty much the only point you get time on. It was tested for yet another time and I really think we need to rework it before next try. Good payload is the one you can try to have a decent hold on each map, but overall each point is built to provide slight adventage for attackers based on their faster spawn wave. Making 25s long spawn time for defence isn’t really a good solution (same as Borneo). Upward is very good example of a good payload – each point is holdable, yet average times are closer to 6min than 12min.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Citrus

Prowater is rubbish. The whole idea of badwater pro was to make 3rd point pushable without sniper frags and make blue spy more than an enforcer spammer on that point. Replace badwater with any pl map for good.
Ashvile feels a bit different from coalplant which is I guess refreshing. The map is also not as ugly as coalplant.
Vigil is good. Pity it’ll never make into the season because retards will never vote for the new maps.
Gully is shit. Burn it with fire.
Digging lakeside grave doesn’t feel good either. At least use proside for god sake. At least it’s made for comp.

Thanks for the input on maps that weren’t part of the preseason cup.

Enemy team had classlimits on, that was pretty R word.

adje

I find it odd how a poll went around to Div 2+ teams before the season with questions about the whitelist/maps and how some teams/players had no idea this was a thing while others had known about it for a while. I just heard about it through word-of-mouth. I have no idea how else it would have reached me a month or so ago which I find a bit questionable considering how extensive it was. I thought the actual structure of the poll was good but it’s a shame that it barely reached anyone apparently. Might want to send an e-mail to people similar to how UGC has been doing it for years on end (considering the poll expected you to enter the e-mail linked to your ETF2L profile that doesn’t seem like much to ask unless that got shafted by the data loss).

I also think it makes more sense to have a poll of that caliber separated in two parts, one to see what the interests are of players and the other (post cup) to get opinions after having played with the changes. So the first one pretty much being, what maps/weapons should be tested in a cup, the second one being about how those changes were perceived.

Clark

SDCK!

This prowater version is the best one yet (edit: out of the ones AsuX has made, it’s still worse than v9, I should have made it more clear from the start).

Ashville is better than coalplant simply because the flow of the game isn’t slowed down anymore because of a wrangled sentry (whether it’s a mini or a lvl1/2/3) in shutter. On coalplant every strategy revolves around killing that sentry, ashville actually allows for more tactical variety. Also, dark mode is slick af.

Vigil is alright, but not as good as prowater. Last point gets captured way too easily – there should be a small uphill at the end or a swiftwater-like pit to push the cart into. If it gets fixed map could be a decent shout for future seasons.

Last edited by Clark,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

I enjoy vigil a lot because there are cute ducks hidden throughout the map.

samii

myx
ONCE

Coalplant > Ashville- ramp too small, aids to rotate
prowater- it’s decent
vigil – awful

Aelkyr

ORACLE

Haven’t used the new weapons.

Prowater doesn’t have any changes I disagree with, the forward spawns and the ladder are good QoL and the new Blu house on 3rd with the boiler door seems better than whatever badwater version that added a tiny walkway behind it. I do miss v9’s Red 3rd house where you couldn’t block the stairs with a dispenser.

I’m not sure what to think of Ashville really, apart that I wouldn’t mind playing that or Coalplant, since they are still both quite similar. Lobby having a huge-ass wall in the middle lowers the impact of the flank going behind but the upside is that the size of the map helps solo flankers a bit more I think. The no-build shutter is a bit weird, I don’t mind not having to deal with it as a Spy but I don’t really see what can engi do now, and I thought having a KOTH map where you don’t have to run minis was kinda neat.

Vigil seems interesting, I don’t have much opinion on it but it’s nice to have a new payload map that (from my experience) that doesn’t take 15 minutes to play an half on like Swiftwater. Might change once people find out proper holds but I wouldn’t mind seeing it in the season.

Maccy

Bully

Dima insta-killed me with the beggars. Ban them both please thank you :(

Add A Reply Pages: 1