Forum

Mappool suggestion (maybe for preseason cup)

Created 27th December 2016 @ 15:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Since the general direction of TF2 seems to be moving towards becoming an E-Sport, It is our teams sincere opinion that we should try to cooperate with Valve and seek their support as much as possible. To this end, I propose as the official representative of Lowpander, that we use the official matchmaking mappool in the Main season, to show Valve that we are ready to comply to their request of making 6v6 a gamemode as they see it, instead of keeping this elitist, hard-to-approach stance the leagues have right now.

So in short, I propose the following changes to the current 6v6 mappool, taken from https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Competitive_Mode:

-badlands
-granary
-reckoner
-product

+pl_badwater
+cp_gorge
+cp_foundry
+cp_metalworks
+cp_sunshine
+pl_swiftwater
+cp_vanguard
+koth_viaduct

Thanks for reading my idea, and feel free to discuss in a mannered way as to why you think this will not benefit TF2 as an E-Sport.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Nice one!

Hope you had great holidays!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Whilst we are on the subject of TF2 as an eSport – Can we remove Engi limit 1, I want to be able to play this.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from DCS

Nice one!

Hope you had great holidays!

pzl tke me seriousyl :(

triga

Choke

I don’t play etf2l at all due to school and stuff but I would hate to watch tf.tv without seeing product or badlands come up throughout the season and some maps you want involved are a absolute joke right now and if you want to say “revamp the bad maps” wouldn’t that be like viaduct to product?

so anyways product should stay don’t care about the rest.

edit – Also, I see nothing wrong with etf2l not changing, because I see the current map pool as the best one possible with the best maps

Last edited by triga,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from triga

I don’t play etf2l at all due to school and stuff but I would hate to watch tf.tv without seeing product or badlands come up throughout the season and some maps you want involved are a absolute joke right now and if you want to say “revamp the bad maps” wouldn’t that be like viaduct to product?

so anyways product should stay don’t care about the rest.

edit – Also, I see nothing wrong with etf2l not changing, because I see the current map pool as the best one possible with the best maps

you dont even play tf2 yet you think people should value your opinion higher than valves opinion? please elaborate on this!

letto

Caution! This is a muuki thread. It is advised not to adress the OP directly and to avoid indulging in any of the points he makes.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Muuki

[…]you dont even play tf2 yet you think people should value your opinion higher than valves opinion? please elaborate on this!

He does play TF2 but not in ETF2L as he stated.

Consider reading the post you would reply to before leaving the reply.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

He does play TF2 but not in ETF2L as he stated.

Consider reading the post you would reply to before leaving the reply.

10.8 hours during the last 2 weeks

can be hardly called playing TF2

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Muuki

[…]10.8 hours during the last 2 weeks

can be hardly called playing TF2

Or, you know… maybe he actually spent time with his family and friends instead of sitting in front of his PC at Christmas… (:

quintosh

wL.

pwn

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from DCS

[…]

Or, you know… maybe he actually spent time with his family and friends instead of sitting in front of his PC at Christmas… (:

Stop assuming every person on the planet celebrates Christmas :)

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Muuki does raise good point, what is ETF2L’s plan with Valve’s competitive mode?

Are you going to communicate with Valve? Or carry on with the current policy of do nothing and hope the league grows?

Add A Reply Pages: 1