Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

009EFF

doggo
HL

Last edited by 009EFF,

Sash

PF

Quoted from Herr_P

Edit: Also name them low – mid – high – prem pls. I miss seeing people searching for “low low” on irc :>

This please. Much better than numbers, wich could be confused between the new tiers and the old divisions. Also solves the problem with new players thinking they belong in div1.

Pot8o

WEED

are we still gonna have a lawl nice divs thread???

rockie

Quoted from Dr. Heinz

The community was asked, there was a big thread about this a while ago, asking for our opinions.
this thread is not about why the old system is better, or why you don’t like it. This is for questions about the swiss sysyem. That being said, I would like to see the few questions asked being answered. Perm didn’t say anything in here yet :/

Quoted from Bob Bami

[…]

http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-30613/

////////////////////////

Post where we got asked about it, a lot of positive ppl

What i mean is a poll, or something, not people talking about it, who might agree with it. Just a YES or a NO, referendum style

Last edited by rockie,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from rockie

[…]
[…]

What i mean is a poll, or something, not people talking about it, who might agree with it. Just a YES or a NO, referendum style

Last time we did a poll we got obscure.

Gentleman Jon

I suggest not giving the new tiers the same names as ESEA, it’s bad for brand differentiation.

Bob Bami

low – mid – high – prem sounds good.
You wont have new people being confused about division 6 or 1 being the lowest division anymore

Last edited by Bob Bami,

rockie

Quoted from ash

[…]

If the majority of the ppl wants it, why are you even questioning that? democracy, democracy don’t forget…

Quoted from Bob Bami

low – mid – high – prem sounds good.
You wont have new people being confused about division 6 or 1 being the lowest division anymore

+1

Last edited by rockie,

ondkaja

IKEA

don’t give the lower tiers a name with negative connotations (like “low”).

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Premiership, Championship, League One, League Two.

(this is a joke. i hate this nomenclature and find it stupid)

stephen

Quoted from ondkaja

don’t give the lower tiers a name with negative connotations (like “low”).

Max

Fusion

Unusual: Prem
Strange: D1-D2
Genuine: D3-D4
Unique: D5-D6

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from ash

[…]

And? People wanted it so shut up. Maybe it’s time you actually cared about what the community wants next time.

God how i miss racio, crasp… etc

Also, it’s just obvious we will end up with names like Invite and Open, so don’t even try… ETF2L things

Last edited by caeli,

JoeTea

To avoid confusion about division skill levels, comparisons to UGC/ESEA, and avoid negative connotations you could always use:

Premiership
Advanced/Expert/Veteran
Intermediate/Regular
Beginner/Novice/Amateur

The obvious downside being that it runs the risk of sounding a little corny or generic..

Last edited by JoeTea,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Sorry ana and rock but you’re just vastly wrong. Imagine football using a poll system to decide a ruleset – but then allowing everyone from Premiership to Sunday League teams to take part. Madness!
There are as many division 5/6 players as there are Prem-d4 players AND that’s only the ones taking part currently! If you count the people who aren’t on teams at the moment (WHO CAN STILL VOTE in these polls) the numbers become ridiculous. It’s essentially a free-for-all, with no shred of democracy.
Besides which, TF2 is unlike football in the sense that the things separating the top and the bottom are not just ability and skill. There are people making these decisions who know far better than the general populace what’s best. As evidenced by the obscure/freight/whatever-the-fuck-happened-that-season shenanigans.
And I’m not defending that group of people because I’m in it at all, I have no part in it, but it’s damn better than doing it by vote.

EDIT: On topic, I think it should be Premiership/Upper Tier/Middle Tier/Beginner Tier

Last edited by Sideshow,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »