[Suggestion] Adjustment to the 'no fake nicks' rule

Created 19th December 2013 @ 23:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Wiethoofd

(Newswriter)
LvG

Currently the HL and 6s rule page both have this section:

1.10.2 Premiership players must use their real nicknames

All players who play a match in the Premiership division must submit their nicknames to the admin staff before they are eligible to play. Players may only play with their “official” nickname, letter by letter. Team tags and sponsorship additions are allowed. If a team uses a player who did not submit his nickname or uses a different nickname the team gets a minor warning per player. This rule may be enforced even without explicit reports from the opposing team.
Submitting nicknames is possible via IRC or eMail.

With the increasing amount of casts and random players streaming their pcws and officials I opt for a slight rule change (and a move to the http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rulesGeneral Rules[/url] section).

The current rule is flawed in multiple cases:
– Casting of One Night Cups
– Casting of any official match that isn’t a premier division match
– Non-prem players subbing in prem matches somehow still have to send in official nicknames or risk warnings/penalties

Why can’t the rule be something along these lines:

Players must use their ETF2L registered username (the one that can’t be changed in your ‘Edit Profile) when playing an official ETF2L match.

This fixes a lot of things:
– No fake nicks in officials (no matter the divisions)
– Casters can make sense again
– Works on all game types ETF2L decides to support (ultiduo, bball, 4v4, 7v7), doesn’t need to be on every rule page
– If you want a different name, you have to contact an admin (like prem players have to do now)
– Short and simple rule, everyone should understand this

Maybe allow one free nickchange per season (if you play highlander and 6v6 you get 2 changes (when actually in a team))

Last edited by Wiethoofd,

Cuttlefish

6v6

As crazy as this may sound to some, I fully support this. Good idea!

If you aren’t getting streamed then who honestly cares? Fun police have to ruin everything.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

“Why can’t the rule be something along these lines:

Players must use their ETF2L registered username (the one that can’t be changed in your ‘Edit Profile) when playing an official ETF2L match.

– Because you can change your ETF2L username at any given time.

unu

I agree, would be a good rule.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

then i would have an even shittier name pls no

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from smziii

then i would have an even shittier name pls no

ash

(Legend)
:D

I’d rather add a timer to changing your name (e.g. once every x months) or, only admins can change your nickname (similar to how your SteamID can only be changed by an admin).

Not to mention that having your account name as the official nickname might be a security risk for some that use similar account names over different services (etf2l & steam for example).

Wiethoofd

(Newswriter)
LvG

Quoted from CanFo

– Because you can change your ETF2L username at any given time.

Have you actually clicked the ‘Edit Profile’ link? the ‘Username’ has the line behind the input ‘Cannot be changed‘, the Nickname one doesn’t.

Quoted from ash

I’d rather add a timer to changing your name (e.g. once every x months) or, only admins can change your nickname (similar to how your SteamID can only be changed by an admin).

I don’t care about the implementation, I think just having this rule for prem players is a retarded exception.
Quoted from ash

Not to mention that having your account name as the official nickname might be a security risk for some that use similar account names over different services (etf2l & steam for example).

You log in with Steam OpenID… You never enter any passwords on ETF2L (anymore)

ash

(Legend)
:D

You log in with Steam OpenID… You never enter any passwords on ETF2L (anymore)

It is still the original account name. The one you logged in with before etf2l used Steam OpenID. If people were allowed to change their ‘official’ nick one last time I wouldn’t mind.

Last edited by ash,

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

We’re planning to remove the ability to change your own nickname. There will be a newspost before the change goes live to provide time for last minute changes before you have to go through admin channels.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Don’t fix what isn’t broken. The adjustment requested would prove to become an annoyance to many and it’d also be particularly petty to give teams a minor warning because one of their guys forgot to change his name back.

Quoted from emb

We’re planning to remove the ability to change your own nickname. There will be a newspost before the change goes live to provide time for last minute changes before you have to go through admin channels.

I’m ok with this.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from emb

where was the admin discussion??

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

ah stark i love you for that comment :D

Angel

Quoted from Wiethoofd

Maybe allow one FREE nickchange per season

Firstly I want to thank you, man. It always has been very difficult to understand that bybben and bymbzi – is a one person, who is using different nicks to hiding from us! Now it’s time to stop this shit.

I suggest call all players with a numeric names corresponding to their ETF2L ID. Text names are not allowed. Violation of this rule means a permanent ban!

Now I propose to you to think about avatars. They also too confusing (when you play a mix, for example). How our lovely (Paralympians) should quickly to understand who was spawned – demo or soldier? And we must to help them! I suggest to allow to use only 4 standard classes avatars: scout, medic, soldier and demo.

P.S. Play or ban. Properly nick or ban. Allowed avatar or ban. New times – new fun, huh? :D

Last edited by Angel,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »