Forum

Ladder?

Created 3rd September 2011 @ 13:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I think this thread shows there is interest in a ladder. To look at some points made in posts here, having divisional ladders is probably not going to work, maybe sets of divs but it seems pointless as the ladder will end up having the best teams at the top and worst teams at the bottom, so a bit pointless imho.

Encouraging teams to use the ladder for pcw’s is a great idea, not only makes it a more ‘serious’ game and thefore more use as practice, but it’s easy enough to organise too.

I see no reason why we shouldn’t have a ladder system in place, it gives new teams some much needed experience and other teams some ‘serious mode’ practice games, which is all good.

If help to admin is required I can also help out, I think you recieved my email a while back…

Restart the ladder, make it a 3 month drop and see where it goes…please?

Setlet

Make the ladders so that you don’t need status or scoreboard ss’s.

And make a “ladder team” so you can maybe make a new team just for ladder but still playing in a serious 6vs6 team in a regular season.

raappana

KoP!?

I would really see the ladder back, as Spike said – it’s better to arrange a game for a sheduled date and time than sitting on IRC whole time even for lower div teams.

Monkeh

There has been a hell of a lot of new teams formed in the past weeks, lots of which have players registered for 1 day, 10 days etc. I bet these teams would appreciate some ladder matches to:

a) Get some official match practice as we all know official’s > pcw’s, and
b) Get used to submitting results on the site

Can’t see any drawback to having a ladder (with longer kick time) except a bit more admin work…now I say a bit, it’s probably a lot now I think of it, but you have people willing to help out.

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Monkeh

There has been a hell of a lot of new teams formed in the past weeks, lots of which have players registered for 1 day, 10 days etc. I bet these teams would appreciate some ladder matches to:

a) Get some official match practice as we all know official’s > pcw’s, and
b) Get used to submitting results on the site

Can’t see any drawback to having a ladder (with longer kick time) except a bit more admin work…now I say a bit, it’s probably a lot now I think of it, but you have people willing to help out.

You tell ’em, girl!

Monkeh

Quoted from Ghostface

You tell ’em, girl!

Shut up and come penetrate me you hunky chunk of Romanian man love you!

Panromir

|LZ|

What Monkeh said.

A ladder would be great.

lolage

TSPAG

I would also be in big favour of a ladder. I’m getting tired of playing mixes from tf.wars/having the hassle of trying to find teams only on there.

+1 to ladder!

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

+1

Skyride

DUCS

Let me rephrase this, you have a solution (a 6v6 ladder) and you’re attempting to find a problem that it solves.

Quoted from Skyride

Let me rephrase this, you have a solution (a 6v6 ladder) and you’re attempting to find a problem that it solves.

Problem: We don’t have a 6v6 ladder :D

Nah, i personally wouldn’t use the ladder, however it would make admins lives a lot easier regarding promotion requests, as pcws don’t count

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

If you want to implement a new ladder system, then maybe look at clanbase? They always had a good ladder system working. I see they are starting a new TF2 ladder and are looking for TF2 admins since recently :) Might be interesting to join forces with them.

http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=360302

davesan

epx^
Panda

Quoted from Andee

If you want to implement a new ladder system, then maybe look at clanbase? They always had a good ladder system working. I see they are starting a new TF2 ladder and are looking for TF2 admins since recently :) Might be interesting to join forces with them.

http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=360302

if people cant work out esl, their heads will explode if they go anywhere near clanbase….worst site ive ever used in my life.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Im not promoting clanbase. I know they got a good working ladder-system. But other then that, it’s a shit website.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2