Forum

PoV-Record [2.0.5] Working again

Created 26th September 2009 @ 12:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 72 73 74 Next »

damneasy

do you have it in custom/prec?

Collaide

Quoted from SCRUB

P-rec isnt working for me, i have the files in tf/custom as instructed. The sound folder has one item called sound.cache. the addons folder has PREC.dll, PREV.vdf, and PREC.cfg being opened by microsoft notepad. Is all of that in the correcct place? Or can the Prec.cfg not work with microsof notepad?

I’m saying this just in case:

P-REC doesn’t work on MAC OS X

If someone is pretty acknowledged in C/C++ and Source Engine (including updating sdk interfaces after client updates). I can assist with creating new plugin. (i can provide code snippet)Main goal is create OSx/Linux compatible version. new version can be developed as open source project.

Last edited by Orange,

Yuzen

I’ve looked through 15 pages of this thread as well as other websties and guides on youtube and haven’t found a solution to my problem: my useless_demos are not deleted.

These are my prec settings:

(I have prec_mode 3 so it records every game.)

bind “j” “prec_mark”
prec_min_streak 60
prec_delete_useless_demo 1
prec_kill_delay 2
prec_dir recordings

As far as i know this should delete every demo where i do not make a bookmark. However, this is not the case. It does not delete all demos.
I have a slight suspicion that, after making a bookmark on a server, it will keep recording and saving all demos recorded after that – even if i do not make a bookmark in those. How do I solve this? I thought every demo was its own case so it would only save those with a bookmark in them.

Also, for some odd reason it sometimes makes super short demos that are only ~650 kbs big. I rarely, if ever, leave a server right after joining them so i don’t know the reason for this either.

dage

Is there a way to not log killstreaks? I only really want to log my bookmarks. Thanks in advance.

Popcorp

Quoted from dage

Is there a way to not log killstreaks? I only really want to log my bookmarks. Thanks in advance.

prec_min_streak 200

Shock

Hey i know this is a dumb question,but where does prec save the screenshots from an end of the map,when you have prec_screens 1?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Your /tf folder

Edit: Which is the default folder for the recorded demos, so I figure it puts screens in the same folder as the demos.

Last edited by ash,

spooky1010

when i try to bookmark i get this: “Failed to load sound “voheavy_generic01.wav”, file probably missing from disk/repository”

i tried to google it but i couldnt find a fix, i honestly didnt look through this thread because its way too big. how do i fix this?

Piro

It shouldn’t be a problem since its just a sound but you can just go to PREC -> ADDONS -> PREC (the one you can actually read) and delete the sound lines

spooky1010

Quoted from Piro

It shouldn’t be a problem since its just a sound

Oh you’re right, I thought since it couldn’t find the sound file the bookmark wouldn’t work but it does, thanks

RushDaOz

Are there a way to change the destination of the files?

Samus

BEER
Dr. med.

Quoted from RushDaOz

Are there a way to change the destination of the files?

Check out the readme that is included in the download, there are more commands for customisation listed in there. “prec_dir” should be what you are looking for.

nbdygm

It’s 12 yo but I use it nowdays and I really like it, it’s probably the best way to record all my games with control, I was wondering if there was such thing for other valve games such as l4d2/cssource/portal ?

supra

(Webmaster)
BIRD
GAETARDS

Quoted from nbdygm

It’s 12 yo but I use it nowdays and I really like it, it’s probably the best way to record all my games with control, I was wondering if there was such thing for other valve games such as l4d2/cssource/portal ?

no idea but pls don’t necro other forum posts thanks

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 72 73 74 Next »