Forum

dxlevel problem

Created 3rd September 2014 @ 21:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

Good day,

since a week or so I’ve noticed this problem. My fps was getting horrendous so I looked at what the problem could be, since I was already using highframes fps config. It turned out that -dxlevel 81 didn’t save so I had to put it in again, and this lead to a good increase in fps, at least it made the game quite a bit smoother.

It tells you that -dxlevel 81 has to be removed from launch options after the first launch and apparently for good reason, because my game crashes pretty frequently and when I alt + tab out (which I do quite often) it takes quite a few seconds for the game to load up when I click it again, which is really annoying. I would just take -dxlevel 81 out but when I do this, it immediately reverts back to 90 or 91 or whatever, and I have no clue why. So either I leave it in, leaving me with crashes and hardly being able to alt + tab, or I play with a bad framerate.

Would anyone know a solution to this? I don’t know why this happens.

On a sidenote, I recently turned shadows off in my fps config but I still see shadows. I must have my autoexec in the correct place; I forgot where exactly it belongs so I have it both in the regular cfg folder and the cfg folder in my custom folder. Anyone know why this could be happening? It is a minor issue but it would be nice if I know what I can do about it.

Evo

Tvaroh SvK

To fix alt+tab problem, set your launch options dxlevel to -dxlevel 91 and write to your autoconfig (or whatever is executed on startup) mat_dxlevel 81 .
Now your problems are gone.

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

That seems to work perfectly. Thanks so much!

Kengur

To fix your alt-tab you want to play in window mode no borders.

Add A Reply Pages: 1