x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Weird sound bugs

Created 6th December 2012 @ 22:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

easyGame

Hey recently I get two sound bugs that bother me:

1.) When I am inside a building all sounds (voices, surround sounds, shots, etc.) have a echo. It alwyas sounds like I am in a hall or something.

2.) This is more annying to me: Very often I don’t get any “sound” when I got hit by something. So there is a scout behind me shooting me and I don’t really register it through audio. It only shows up at my health… Usually you would hear a moan of the hit or another audio recognition. I don’t even hear the weapon which is shooting me then. But this happens randomly, not all the time.

It feels weird. And especially 2.) is really handicapping.

The only thing I changed since I got those bugs is that I swichted back from dx9 to dx8.

Any ideas to fix this?

cheers

AnimaL

1) change sound quality, sounds like ur on high settings
2) do you have loss? it would explain missing “stuff”

easyGame

Quoted from AnimaL

1) change sound quality, sounds like ur on high settings
2) do you have loss? it would explain missing “stuff”

Ok I will check my sound settings later.

To 2):

I am stupid. Yes, I am fighting with random loss and choke spikes, pretty much ever since. And you are right, the missing sounds result because of package loss. It makes all sense now. oO

I kinda was always too lazy to really search for a solution, but maybe we can fix it. :c It happens very randomly and happens more less or more often on different servers. I randomly get for some seconds (probably 10-30s) like 30 loss and 20 choke. But only for some seconds before my netgraph looks normal again. Ping always stays stable during that “lagtime”.

My netsettings:

cl_interp 0.033
cl_interp_ratio 1.0
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_smoothtime 0.033
cl_smooth 1
rate 30000
cl_lagcompensation 1

The downloadspeed of my internetconnection is something like ~3,5Mbps and my PC is connected through lan wire to a router. I ping most servers I play on to 30-40ms.

cheers

Last edited by easyGame,

AnimaL

loss on ethernet cable usually is internet beeing shit itself, not saying there cant be anything wrong with your router or pc hardware, but yeah..unlikely

Add A Reply Pages: 1