Forum

Check if there are no players on server

Created 22nd December 2011 @ 15:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

octochris

(0v0)

Slate asked me if I could make a small program to return false if there are players on the server, and true if there are no players on the server. Sharing it in case it is useful for anyone else.

https://gist.github.com/1510650

Monkeh

.:ne:.

d/l hlsw, input ip:port, look at screen, done?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Monkeh

d/l hlsw, input ip:port, look at screen, done?

1.) hlsw is a closed source piece of shit
2.) how on earth are you supposed to programmatically get output for stuff like cron jobs/etc with hlsw
3.) isn’t hlsw winsuck only?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

chris, don’t get baited by monkeh, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Monkeh

1) Is it now? Works like a treat for me, and I’m retarded.
2) Yes?
3) No idea

Still has a box which displays the players on any server you know the ip:port for, so it will do the job and lots of others too.

Yes Ghosty, see answer No. 1 above.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Monkeh

1) Is it now? Works like a treat for me, and I’m retarded.
2) Yes?
3) No idea

Still has a box which displays the players on any server you know the ip:port for, so it will do the job and lots of others too.

Yes Ghosty, see answer No. 1 above.

and tell me, how do you plan to programmatically use hlsw to act in a cron job, script, or as part of another program…

(ps: nice flamebait)

Monkeh

I have no idea what you’re talking about tbh, “Check if there are no players on server” is the title and I can do exactly that by placing the ip:port into hlsw and looking in a box to see if any players are connected.

That is all I wanted to point out.

Acting in a cron job isn’t anything I’ve ever needed to do and quite frankly, it sounds very rude.

(P.S. Nice…ermmm…reply?)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

and tell me, how do you plan to programmatically use hlsw to act in a cron job, script, or as part of another program…

screen capture / ocr
ez

atmo

Quoted from octochris

[…]xyz is a closed source piece of shit

Chris 101

Last edited by atmo,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

works a treat :D thanks again chris.

I am using it check if there are players on our rented gameservers, before I have my vServer download the stv-demos and logs, without that check there is a chance you download incomplete demos/logs, on top of that I don’t want anything sucking bandwith when we’re playing on the server.

http://trick17.sl8.eu

Add A Reply Pages: 1