Forum

Sensitivity for specific weapon slots

Created 22nd September 2011 @ 19:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Beef

I got a problem with a config I’m trying to get working. What I want is specific sense for weapon slots. For example, 1.50 sensitivity for the primary slot, 1.30 sensitivity for the secondary slot and 1.50 sensitivity for the melee slot

What I type is:

“bind 1 slot1; sensitivity 1.5
bind 2 slot2; sensitivity 1.3
bind 3 slot3; sensitivity 1.5” (without the quotes)

But it doesn’t work. If I type this in all the other class configs (with different sensitivity ofcourse) I get 1.5 sens for EVERY slot for EVERY class. I’ve tried this like 6 times I’m still doing wrong, somehow..

Could anyone explain to me how I get it to work?

Opti

REMOVE

Try putting quotes like this : bind 1 “slot1; sensitivity 1.5″

Last edited by Opti,

Gladdy

Why would you want different sensitivities for different weapons even…

freshmeatt

‹Con›

; is a command separator, so what you actually do is bind slot1 to 1 and then change the sensitivity. What you wanna do is wrap bind and sensitivity in apostrophes: bind 1 “slot1; sensitvity 1.5”.

hf

Tack

kp/

He is right, if you have your sens changed between every weapons you are going to be even worse than you are right now, you could maybe feel good and have the feeling to play better because you will be more focus on your new sens than on your gameplay but you’ll definitly be worse.
The best advice i can give you is to stay with the same sens as long as you can, it’ll definitly be better than switching it every 5s. Even thought exfane use a switch sens between his rocket launcher and shotgun doesn’t mean you can do it, w/e just keep the same sens :D

Bonkers

alias switchrocket “bind q Qshotty; bind mouse4 Qshotty”
alias switchshotty “bind q Qrocket; bind mouse4 Qrocket”
alias Qrocket “slot1; exec crosshair32.cfg; sensitivity 2.2; switchrocket”
alias Qshotty “slot2; exec defaultcross.cfg; sensitivity 1.8; switchshotty”
managed to find exfanes old cfg
Dont know if this helps

Beef

Quoted from Gladdy

Why would you want different sensitivities for different weapons even…

I tend to miss with my shotgun when playing as soldier. I rather have high sens for my RL and low for shotgun.

Quoted from Tack

He is right, if you have your sens changed between every weapons you are going to be even worse than you are right now, you could maybe feel good and have the feeling to play better because you will be more focus on your new sens than on your gameplay but you’ll definitly be worse.
The best advice i can give you is to stay with the same sens as long as you can, it’ll definitly be better than switching it every 5s. Even thought exfane use a switch sens between his rocket launcher and shotgun doesn’t mean you can do it, w/e just keep the same sens :D

But I feel that with the rocket launcher you don’t have to be that precisely unlike your shotgun (hitscan weapon). I will atleast try this but who knows, maybe I will play worse, maybe I won’t. :)

Oh and thanks for all the help by the way guys!

Last edited by Beef,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Try to play with the shotgun sens, and get used to it for your rocket launcher. ;)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Beef

[…] I tend to miss with my shotgun when playing as soldier. I rather have high sens for my RL and low for shotgun.

[…]

But I feel that with the rocket launcher you don’t have to be that precisely unlike your shotgun (hitscan weapon). I will atleast try this but who knows, maybe I will play worse, maybe I won’t. :)

Oh and thanks for all the help by the way guys!

Try lowering your sens to the point where you hit with the shotgun, and get used to using your RL at that sens. It helps to be precise with rockets too.

grimbar

Or you could just use accel.

flushy

P.O.P

exfane does it, and he was voted solly of the season and has his own frag vid!

Add A Reply Pages: 1