Forum

raw_input?

Created 6th September 2011 @ 15:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1

redou

PyRo|GEN

Hello guys.

Since a long time I wonder what’s the option called “raw_input”. I’m just curious so I looked around cfg of some prem players, and a lot have the this setting at 1. By looking at the description, it means that you’r ingame sensi don’t depends of u’r windows sensivity… But I tried to slow my windows sensi and it was way slower…

Btw, can someone exactly tell me what’s this option? I tried to google it but i found nothing neither here…

Thanks! (Sorry if there’s already a thread on this…)

laerin

-9w-

Edit: I’m a retard

‘There are three main types of mouse input; WM_MOUSEMOVE (or GetCursorPos), WM_INPUT, and DirectInput. The first method, WM_MOUSEMOVE/GetCursorPos, is mouse pointer input that goes through windows. The second, WM_INPUT (aka raw input), is raw data taken directly from the mouse at the lowest level possible. DirectInput is very similar to raw input, but it is only useful if you need to support joysticks/controllers.

WM_INPUT is preferred over WM_MOUSEMOVE/GetCursorPos, as it gives you exact 1 to 1 sensitivity, and removes one of the major causes of negative acceleration. WM_MOUSEMOVE/GetCursorPos uses changes in the mouse pointer position to calculate mouse movement. The game locks the mouse pointer to the middle of the screen. When you move the mouse, the (hidden) pointer moves and the game calculates movement from the middle and then resets the pointer back to the middle. It does this every frame. If the game is busy and doesn’t reset the pointer to the middle fast enough, a quick mouse movement can move the pointer right to the screen edge and it gets stuck at the edge. Any further movement past the edge is thrown away and you get negative acceleration.

What’s the lowest level possible to access a piece of hardware? The fucking driver’

Also, m_rawinput 1

Last edited by laerin,

stvv

WUL

i only just changed a few weeks ago from 0 to 1, and man. its a huge difference, i had a 1 sensitivity with it off and now 2sens with it on – and i prefer it like this, its HORRIBLE to get used to i’m still not 100% use to it, but i do find myself to be aiming a little better ;>.

but in the end its what you feel more comfortable with

Wabbeh

Raw input ignores the windows settings, so if your windows sens is on anything other than default, turning this on requires you to change your ingame sens to adjust.

Add A Reply Pages: 1