Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 50 51 52 ... 116 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Pacmano

Hello Chris, I’m having a problem, When I change my Dx to Dx 9.0 or 9.5 my characters get a white shine, I searched in your website and you have there: “Use launch options”, I’m a bit noob in fps configs and stuff, how can I take off that annoying white shine so I can see my painted hats? I’m using your max frames config and I want to run it with Dx 9.0, If that is the problem then how can I get very high frames using Dx 9??

use dx9frames.

Quoted from pvelikovi

Hi again , Chris. Can you explain theese commands which you are changed in last update of maxframes?I’ll be grateful.

func_break_max_pieces “0” it was “1”
mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware “1” it was “0”
mat_framebuffercopyoverlaysize “128” it was “0”
mat_max_worldmesh_vertices “64” it was “0”
mat_wateroverlaysize “0” it was “1”
r_drawbatchdecals “1” it was “0”
mat_bufferprimitives “1” it was “0”

– changed breaking of props from none to simply disappearing
– changed behaviour to load textures into dedicated graphics memory on map load
– (i did not change this last update) change the copy size of the framebuffer
– (i did not change this last update) change max vertices applied to the world mesh
– change to lowest water overlay size (valve changed behaviour again, sigh)
– render decals in batch
– (i did not change this last update) buffer primitive entities

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Pacmano

Hello Chris, I’m having a problem, When I change my Dx to Dx 9.0 or 9.5 my characters get a white shine, I searched in your website and you have there: “Use launch options”, I’m a bit noob in fps configs and stuff, how can I take off that annoying white shine so I can see my painted hats? I’m using your max frames config and I want to run it with Dx 9.0, If that is the problem then how can I get very high frames using Dx 9??

mat_bumpmap 1

pvelikovi

Thanks , Chris!Great configs. I will keep an eye on for updates.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

mat_bumpmap 1

there are more things than that that you need to change. just use dx9frames.

revanxp

Can you make a css config like your tf2 dx9 cfg?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from revanxp

Can you make a css config like your tf2 dx9 cfg?

i’ve not played css in years. i would never update it or test it for new changes (because css is shit), so it’s a no go. sorry. with that said, the current one should work to some extent.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

@Chris

So i’ve been reading through half of the post but i couldn’t find the answer, what i did find is issues with Windows 7 x64, so I’m thinking this *might* be related.

I’m not sitting on my machine right now, so of course i forgot the exact values (will post them later)

When using your config (moreframes and dx9frames) on my machine it always sets Antialiasing to 2X or 4X and Filtering Mode to anisotropic filter 2X and Model Detail to high.

Is that intended?

I can’t tell if it hurts my FPS, as I’m getting 120 anyways and just using this for the looks, but I thought I’d ask.

-slate

revanxp

i remember he said high model are there because if you can run dx9 means your pc can handle high models without problems.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Is multi-threading enabled in these configs btw?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Daleth

Open the config and read the documentation that Chris has included.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Where abouts? :S

Spike Himself

TC

No idea, not at home atm. You should read all of it anyway – it’s not as if it’s a 300 page book or something..

AnimaL

Quoted from Daleth

its set to default autodetect setting

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Daleth

partially. unstable commands are disabled, but most are enabled.

Quoted from revanxp

i remember he said high model are there because if you can run dx9 means your pc can handle high models without problems.

that is not correct.

revanxp

Quoted from octochris

They are set to high because anyone running this getting decent fps should have a GPU capable of it. Any GPU that is running this and getting decent FPS should have enough memory to handle the textures — I’d say anything 256mb or over should be fine.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 50 51 52 ... 116 Next »