Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 35 36 37 ... 116 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Infested

on dxlevel 80 nope, noes! i just found out that if i look to a medic healing me my mouse lags, can i fix it or i have to go back to dxlevel 80 ? :(

nobody at lan had this problem so i couldn’t diagnose it.

Infested

ok, i will see if the problem stays.

Niekas

Hey Christopher, why did u remove the “-high” line from the set launch options commands?

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from Niekas

Hey Christopher, why did u remove the “-high” line from the set launch options commands?

cus it was the reason for my mouse lag.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Niekas

It caused mouse lag for some people, even though I didn’t think it would.

jaks

rhs
RHS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

It caused mouse lag for some people, even though I didn’t think it would.

guess it caused mouse lag for me too… dunno why because it used to be just fine with “-high” and out of nowhere it gave me serious cases of mouse lagging :/ maybe valve screwed something up with one of their “daily bug-fixes”.

Destrutor

Hey Chris, not sure if this is to do with your config or just my shit pc, but basically I can’t play pub or with a spy in my team because if he cloaks or uses his disguise kit, my fps will drop from about 60 down to 5 or 10, but only with those two particular effects.

I’m using your maxfps config btw

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Destrutor

Hey Chris, not sure if this is to do with your config or just my shit pc, but basically I can’t play pub or with a spy in my team because if he cloaks or uses his disguise kit, my fps will drop from about 60 down to 5 or 10, but only with those two particular effects.

I’m using your maxfps config btw

can’t reproduce any viable loss in fps myself, maybe it’s something specific with your hardware that it can’t cope with (something your GPU can’t cope with so if offloads it to the CPU?)

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Any cvars that can possibly transfer load from cpu onto gpu or vice versa (apart from r_fastzreject)?

EDIT: -nosound gives me +5 fps on Snowie’s timedemo and much smoother framerate than usual. Any ideas how to actually hear everything without losing that? (CMI8738 onboard)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from freshmeatt

EDIT: -nosound gives me +5 fps on Snowie’s timedemo and much smoother framerate than usual. Any ideas how to actually hear everything without losing that? (CMI8738 onboard)

You can’t get something for nothing.

octochris

(0v0)

New version out, changelog since people actually seem to care:

* Turned back on occlusion
* After some benches re-enabled loading lms in hunk mem
* Added shadows to customisable section
* Turned back on generic texture mipmapping in moreframes
* Tweaked some cache and buffer sizes
* Moved some cvars (mat_disablehwmorph, mat_forcehardwaresync, mat_postprocessing_combine) from graphical to performance section, i got kind of sloppy at keeping cvars in the right sections, should be better now
* A few more comments here and there
* Some other minor stuff

Testing reports that this new config may give more stable FPS.

I am going to write a comprehensive FAQ later on today.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from octochris

[…]

You can’t get something for nothing.

Is buying SB Audigy PCI anything?

Infested

Quoted from octochris

New version out, changelog since people actually seem to care:

* Turned back on occlusion
* After some benches re-enabled loading lms in hunk mem
* Added shadows to customisable section
* Turned back on generic texture mipmapping in moreframes
* Tweaked some cache and buffer sizes
* Moved some cvars (mat_disablehwmorph, mat_forcehardwaresync, mat_postprocessing_combine) from graphical to performance section, i got kind of sloppy at keeping cvars in the right sections, should be better now
* A few more comments here and there
* Some other minor stuff

Testing reports that this new config may give more stable FPS.

I am going to write a comprehensive FAQ later on today.

This is why you are awesome

octochris

(0v0)

site back up now, sorry about that

i lost some stuff (screenshots and installation instructions), but don’t worry, i will make those pages again even better than before :)

also, i made a new front page because i thought i might as well considering i had to remake it anyway.

wer

tfortress.no

So much… tables… :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 35 36 37 ... 116 Next »