x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 116 Next »

Menace

Quoted from eoN^

[…]

The fact that it never gets reset…

In process of fixing gaiz :)

Niekas

Hey chris when is your new fps cfg that ur testing coming out ?

I can’t wait for Chris’ HUD. Surely that must be in the process? Followed by cp_chris, the new 5cp point map?

Spike Himself

TC

Chris is actually the rumoured 10th class!

Niekas

Chris is the 10th class

antyjc

2ne1

Chris is actually the 10th class.

Spike Himself

TC

All these parrots :D

octochris

(0v0)

Hi, 10th class here, thanks to Crasp and D2M for changing the email on my acct :D

Quoted from Jude

Hey, with your config a few of the textures – namely the new alien hat, badges and pickelhaube to name a few have weird black/orange texture rather than the proper colour.
im using the moreframes cfg btw with dx8. any ideas? :)

That’s a mat_specular 1 + dx8 bug. It’s really easy for Valve to fix, but for some reason they haven’t yet.

Quoted from hINDUs

hi chris, hope you PC will like you again ;)

i’m using yours maxquality config // v1.020 | 10 June 2010
and i have seen some strange issue
when headshoting/backstabbing somebody the animation of death is played with a delay:

boom, headshot/backstab, body disappear for 0.3 – 1 sec, death animation launch in, body falls, ragdoll stays

it is quite annoying, especially when you expect MAX QUALITY and not bugs all over the place :)

Not heard about that, no idea really. Tried reinstalling w/ autoconfig?

Quoted from tasKu

I’ve got a question.

How can I get my settings to low, since always when I restart TF2 my texture setting goes to High, I’d really want it to the low setting.

Anyway?

You can modify mat_picmip in the autoexec. Lower is higher quality, max is 2 on sv_cheats 0.

Quoted from Niekas

Hey chris when is your new fps cfg that ur testing coming out ?

August 1st, the day when I get my password db back so that I can update it through FTP :D

Quoted from CUBE

I can’t wait for Chris’ HUD. Surely that must be in the process? Followed by cp_chris, the new 5cp point map?

cp_chris (or whatever it is) went to shit when my raid failed. :(

Cheez

Got another headscratcher for you:

When I run Snowie’s test demo, I get the results around the 120 mark (with your maxfps config) with about 10-15 variability. But then in game atm I get some drops down to around 40-50, being as we have established that my net is shocking at the moment are these drops linked to my choke? Is it the awful internet affecting the fps on the net graph or could the fps be causing the choke?

Specs (in case they help):
Q6600
3gb ram

Cheers for the help.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

Got another headscratcher for you:

When I run Snowie’s test demo, I get the results around the 120 mark (with your maxfps config) with about 10-15 variability. But then in game atm I get some drops down to around 40-50, being as we have established that my net is shocking at the moment are these drops linked to my choke? Is it the awful internet affecting the fps on the net graph or could the fps be causing the choke?

Specs (in case they help):
Q6600
3gb ram

Cheers for the help.

Your net shouldn’t affect the FPS being rendered, it is probably something else. If you set hl2.exe to a higher priority in task manager when playing does this eliminate or alleviate the issue? If so, something is stealing cycles.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Your net shouldn’t affect the FPS being rendered, it is probably something else. If you set hl2.exe to a higher priority in task manager when playing does this eliminate or alleviate the issue? If so, something is stealing cycles.

Any possibility higher priority of hl2.exe or lower of steam.exe might cause fps drop?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

Any possibility higher priority of hl2.exe or lower of steam.exe might cause fps drop?

It shouldn’t, unless hl2 is outsourcing. As for Steam, it might, but probably wouldn’t. Leave Steam at normal priority.

Either way, you shouldn’t have to mess around with process priorities to avoid FPS drops, that’s a silly way of tackling a problem. If that does fix your problem, the way to go about fixing it is to find what is stealing your CPU cycles and stop it.

Cheez

I don’t think that made much of an improvement, it definitely didn’t stop the choke.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

I don’t think that made much of an improvement, it definitely didn’t stop the choke.

Oh, it won’t help your net issues, but I had hoped it might help with the FPS drops. If it didn’t, what OS are you running, and on what map are you mostly getting this?

Cheez

I’m running Vista 32bit and I don’t think its really any particular map, just happens when alot is goin on fighting-wise.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 116 Next »