x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 116 Next »

Kryzen

Quoted from Snyyppis

Yo chris a small problem here: I’m using moreframes and some hats and medals appear to have a firey surface to them (i.e. orange with black spots). It’s kinda disturbing so any idea how to get them to show correctly.

Might’ve been mentioned before, cba to go through all the pages, sorry :/

its a bug with dx8

RUJa

STD

Hey Chris, I have a question about “mat_queue_mode” which is set to -1 in your config (at least in moreframes which I use). Can you explain what the command does and why it is set to -1? Quantum’s config implies that if you’re running on a multicore cpu you should have it set to 2, that’s why I’m asking.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from RUJa

Hey Chris, I have a question about “mat_queue_mode” which is set to -1 in your config (at least in moreframes which I use). Can you explain what the command does and why it is set to -1? Quantum’s config implies that if you’re running on a multicore cpu you should have it set to 2, that’s why I’m asking.

2 doesn’t even exist for that cvar, so if it says that I don’t know why. Maybe quantum thinks the number after mat_queue_mode specifies the number of cores, which is not correct (assuming he is thinking that).

This documentation should explain it for you:

“The queue/thread mode the material system should use: -2=legacy default, -1=default, 0=synchronous single thread, 1=queued sing”

As far as I am aware, -1 is “attempt automatic selection of either 0 or 1 based on hardware”.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from octochris

[…]

That’s a directx8 bug, nothing to do with this config specifically. Gabe’s fault.

Ahh okai :(

RUJa

STD

Quoted from octochris

[…]

2 doesn’t even exist for that cvar, so if it says that I don’t know why. Maybe quantum thinks the number after mat_queue_mode specifies the number of cores, which is not correct (assuming he is thinking that).

This documentation should explain it for you:

“The queue/thread mode the material system should use: -2=legacy default, -1=default, 0=synchronous single thread, 1=queued sing”

As far as I am aware, -1 is “attempt automatic selection of either 0 or 1 based on hardware”.

Allright, thanks!

Btw, here is what it says in Quantums: “If you have a Multicore CPU, try to set it to “2” but watch out it is BUGED !!!”

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from RUJa

[…]
Allright, thanks!

Btw, here is what it says in Quantums: “If you have a Multicore CPU, try to set it to “2” but watch out it is BUGED !!!”

Quantum is wrong.

Waebi

‹Con›

it used to be this way iirc.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Waebi

it used to be this way iirc.

It’s certainly been like this for at least the 6 months I’ve been doing these configs, and I had some stuff written before then which seems to have -1 too, which was a year ago.

So yes, it has been like this for at least a year.

tehoreoz

i use dx9, just curious what the difference was between r_pixelfog 1 and 0. I was going to assume environmental fog but I didnt notice any difference in local server.

pykow

ive running m0res config,chris config. still have drops under the 90 ;D
haha.

i can run tf2 without any script at 100 FPS but. I like configs.
it work perfectly

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from tehoreoz

i use dx9, just curious what the difference was between r_pixelfog 1 and 0. I was going to assume environmental fog but I didnt notice any difference in local server.

You won’t notice any difference in dx8, in dx9 try going on badlands and changing it in game and keep looking at the mountains in the distance, and the colour of the walls around you.

if

great config chris. nice one

reactioN

Hey chris, nice configs BUT

in the maxquality config ( with the highest settings etc. ) there is something wrong

when i tried it , my whole screen looked more blurry ( motion blur disabled ) and it looked like my native resolution got compressed

then i noticed it it was because of the anti aliasing, it looks wierd it doesnt look like normal anti aliasing it looks wierd you can even see the pixels at the edges

this causes a blurry screen and then i figured out those mat_software_aa commands caused this

mat_software_aa_blur_one_pixel_lines 0
mat_software_aa_edge_threshold 999999
mat_software_aa_quality 2
mat_software_aa_strength 0
mat_software_aa_tap_offset 0

this is the best AA config, it doesnt change any fps but WAAAY less blurry and no pixels, looks sharper etc

if you dont believe me try it urself, too lazy to upload screens

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from reactioN

Hey chris, nice configs BUT

in the maxquality config ( with the highest settings etc. ) there is something wrong

when i tried it , my whole screen looked more blurry ( motion blur disabled ) and it looked like my native resolution got compressed

then i noticed it it was because of the anti aliasing, it looks wierd it doesnt look like normal anti aliasing it looks wierd you can even see the pixels at the edges

this causes a blurry screen and then i figured out those mat_software_aa commands caused this

mat_software_aa_blur_one_pixel_lines 0
mat_software_aa_edge_threshold 999999
mat_software_aa_quality 2
mat_software_aa_strength 0
mat_software_aa_tap_offset 0

this is the best AA config, it doesnt change any fps but WAAAY less blurry and no pixels, looks sharper etc

if you dont believe me try it urself, too lazy to upload screens

If you are getting better results with that then you probably are getting some sort of hardware limitation, because (at least on paper) they should not be better.

I will test it though.

reactioN

Quoted from octochris

[…]

If you are getting better results with that then you are getting some sort of hardware problem, because (at least on paper) they should not be better.

thats not an hardware problem, maybe its because i have SSAA mode @ CCC? dunno, try it urself the treshhold command makes the edges blurry for me , no lies.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 116 Next »