x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 116 Next »

grimbar

Quoted from happy little boozer

[…]
Sure, I know that, but it still automatically changes my interp to 0.1, so live with it.

obviously didn’t get what I said. It does not alter the interp whatsoever. You fucked your config up by not having netsettings stored somewhere else or appended to these graphics. Don’t blame your script management skills on a rather nice config, you aren’t making yourself look smart here

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

obviously didn’t get what I said. It does not alter the interp whatsoever. You fucked your config up by not having netsettings stored somewhere else or appended to these graphics. Don’t blame your script management skills on a rather nice config, you aren’t making yourself look smart here

Khrm, obviously you aren’t getting MY point, I was just pointing out that it could’ve changed it for Zappah also, as it did for me. I don’t mind it changing interp, because it takes 3 seconds to write cl_interp 0.01 in console. But what Zappah described sounded like he could’ve had a higher interp rate than he is used to.
Quick edit: And I actually like the config, feels quite a lot better than m0res highfps.

JackieBoy

LTG.

[…]
Khrm, obviously you aren’t getting MY point, I was just pointing out that it could’ve changed it for Zappah also, as it did for me. I don’t mind it changing interp, because it takes 3 seconds to write cl_interp 0.01 in console. But what Zappah described sounded like he could’ve had a higher interp rate than he is used to.
Quick edit: And I actually like the config, feels quite a lot better than m0res highfps.

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/tutorials/network-settings/ <– Type your network settings to your autoexec.cfg.

octochris

(0v0)

[…]
Sure, I know that, but it still automatically changes my interp to 0.1, so live with it.

If your interp is automatically being set to 0.1 it is happening outside of this config, it will be somewhere else in your configs (config.cfg or something else that is executed on launch).

for science

It’s also possible that he was changing between FPS scripts, i.e. m0re’s -> yours or something similar, and ran the game with “-autoconfig” to clear all his settings. The default this seems to set in config.cfg is cl_interp 0.1. Which would explain it (I had this happen when I decided to test a few different configs after clearing out my cfg directory and running with -autoconfig once).

pykow

just add ur own netsettings in chris fps config

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from pykow

just add ur own netsettings in chris fps config

Or use the ones from the bit at the bottom:

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/tutorials/network-settings/

I will add optional network settings to the configs now.

Waster

I am now using your latest highframes and it feels really smooth. I dont think the actual fps is so much higher, but it runs really smooth. Even on a 24 man public with a crappy custom map.

octochris

(0v0)

*quality configs are now working with ATI cards (previously some things did not work with them).

Also changed default mat_monitorgamma.

The Beau

DStM

Hey, first off excellent job on the config it’s really great. :)

Now I have a question, I’ve been browsing through this thread and the config itself and I can’t seem to figure out how to get shadows to appear normal (ie. actual silhouettes rather than blobs). I’ve enabled shadows in the config and set max rendered to 12 like in m0res, but they keep appearing as blobs and I have to go into the ingame options to get proper shadows, so I was wondering what command I have to change?

I’m reluctant to mess with it in case something bad happens. :L

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from The Beau

Now I have a question, I’ve been browsing through this thread and the config itself and I can’t seem to figure out how to get shadows to appear normal (ie. actual silhouettes rather than blobs). I’ve enabled shadows in the config and set max rendered to 12 like in m0res, but they keep appearing as blobs and I have to go into the ingame options to get proper shadows, so I was wondering what command I have to change?

Just seeing this inbetween games, when fb stop playing tonight I’ll reply in some depth.

Chux

guru
,(s),

Quoted from The Beau

This one ?

r_shadowrendertotexture “1”

it should render the shadow texture so it matches the player model.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Chux

[…]

This one ?

it should render the shadow texture so it matches the player model.

Yes, that’s the command, but there are also some other commands which he might want to change related to shadows before doing that.

Try doing the following:

mat_shadowstate “1”
r_shadowmaxrendered “11” // figured since you don’t get your own shadow 11 was a better number
r_shadows “1”

Chux

guru
,(s),

Quoted from octochris

[…]

r_shadowmaxrendered “11” // figured since you don’t get your own shadow 11 was a better number

Well, you do when you taunt ;)))

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Chux

[…]

Well, you do when you taunt ;)))

:p

Well, it doesn’t matter how big that number is, if they aren’t there it won’t render them, so meh :p

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 116 Next »