Forum

[HUD] G-Mang HUD (B30 2012/10/27)

Created 20th May 2010 @ 21:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Next »

G-Mang

Hello European players. I’ve been tinkering with this HUD for a long time now and decided to polish it up and release it publicly. I’d describe its main themes as outlining text, lots of colored indicators, and condensed spacing. Minmode toggles 12p and 32p scoreboards. Tested resolutions are 1440×900 (16:10), 1280×720 (16:9), 1024×768 (4:3), and 1000×800 (5:4).

Info and screenshots, download on left-hand side: http://code.google.com/p/gmang-tf2hud/

Steam group for updates: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gmanghud

Hope it’s useful. :)

Cooler

4Queens

wow nice one i will consider using this instead of more’s

Nice!

Skyride

DUCS

Looks pretty cool, nice to see something original. May try this out later. :)

pischto

MTF!
MTF

pff Netsky the only thing you should love is.. me D:

Nozomi

rlly great, my new love to : D

LaMqTa

fenneks

terrible hud…

lolage

TSPAG

Will this work with 1680×1050? (I would test it, but my tf2 is broke:D)

black

trick17
trick17

nothing terrible at all.
I think he did a great work there

G-Mang

Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

Quoted from LaMqTa

terrible hud…

Might want to be more specific… though do keep in mind that the hud is for me personally first and foremost, so if you just don’t like the general taste of it, then I dunno what to tell you.

Quoted from lolage

Will this work with 1680×1050? (I would test it, but my tf2 is broke:D)

Well, that’s a 16:10 aspect ratio (same as my 1440×900 screen), so I think it’d work, but my screen doesn’t have the resolution to actually test it for you. If you ever get a chance to try it, please let me know how it goes. :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from LaMqTa

terrible hud…

why? it looks good to me on both a functional and aesthetic level.

also OP, would it be possible to make the shadows on the health look a bit better (or even better for me personally, tell me how to remove them)? Just looks a bit strange, esp when there is a 1: http://i50.tinypic.com/352fz2b.png

Also what’s with the lines on the left going further in than the ones on the right (like shown on that screenshot)?

G-Mang

Quoted from octochris

also OP, would it be possible to make the shadows on the health look a bit better (or even better for me personally, tell me how to remove them)? Just looks a bit strange, esp when there is a 1: http://i50.tinypic.com/352fz2b.png

Also what’s with the lines on the left going further in than the ones on the right (like shown on that screenshot)?

Sorry about that. The outline process done for that kind of text involves manually placing 8 copies of the text in a grid underneath the main text. This is done because the outline option for fonts in clientscheme is incredibly unwieldy except in very specific situations (generally, the text needs to be small and not anti-aliased, such as the scoreboard text). As a result, the higher your resolution gets, the more obvious the artificial outlining becomes. Because coordinates only take integer values (not float), and because they can’t be placed on a per-pixel basis, the current setup is as refined as the game will allow.

As for the health notch alignment, that’s the result of how TF2 determines spacing. Different resolutions space very slightly differently, and even within any given resolution, the coordinates aren’t placed on a per-pixel basis, so there’s “rounding” of sorts whenever you place anything. Minor misalignments like that are bound to show up on some elements of some resolutions, and fixing it for one person’s is only going to cause an inverse problem for someone else, unfortunately.

In consideration of the issues you’re experiencing, I’ll be making edits in the next version that will allow for quick color/transparency editing in ClientScheme, so you can disable certain outlines or health notches manually and in a single file.

In the mean time, if you want to delete the health outline manually, you can use Notepad to delete the elements in HudPlayerHealth in the range of “PlayerStatusHealthValueDropshadow0” to “PlayerStatusHealthValueDropshadow8”.

RUJa

STD

Looks good, will try it out!

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

I really like it. Thanks man!

I’m going to try it out! The screens (Especially the health bar) looked awesome!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Next »