x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Resupply interview with D2M

Created 30th December 2009 @ 16:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Your new head admin D2M has taken some time out to speak in-depth with Resupply about his goals for ETF2L in 2010.

Head on over to Resupply to check it out!

Niggles

Can we get a tl:dr?

Abunai

Can we get a tl:dr?

read it :)

seraph

rEJ

the tl;dr is D2M is a cool dude who will listen to the community and not steal money from other admins. A significant improvement on 2 fronts over the last headmin.

Norris

Wasn’t D2M on of the players who said that he won’t ever pickup tf2 because it is shit and nobody would play this piece of crap? ;:>

oh and for some reason I can’t read the interview. looks like the snow effect crashes my firefox :{[

Last edited by Norris,

gryzor

The problems with the poll before the start of Season 6 did not help much with the decision on the FaN. A small minority managed to ruin a poll for the majority, and it was sad to see that certain players had to resort to manipulating the figures.

Eh, lol? I don’t get it. Me and deneusbeer deleted all fake-votes for the FaN after the poll was closed, so there was nothing wrong with the end result. In the end, a few morons wasted their times ten times more than they wasted mine and deneusbeers — end of.

Makes one wonder how much else is fabricated…

Last edited by gryzor,

Qun

GoT<3

Read it halfway, then ctrl+Fed on FaN. Most important part imo :D

GangsterAlgot

Things like this makes me a happy bunny. Awesome work from both D2M and JimmyBreeze.

Anathema

You mean a happy goat, I assume?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

The problems with the poll before the start of Season 6 did not help much with the decision on the FaN. A small minority managed to ruin a poll for the majority, and it was sad to see that certain players had to resort to manipulating the figures.

Eh, lol? I don’t get it. Me and deneusbeer deleted all fake-votes for the FaN after the poll was closed, so there was nothing wrong with the end result. In the end, a few morons wasted their times ten times more than they wasted mine and deneusbeers — end of.

Makes one wonder how much else is fabricated…

It would help if you didn’t mis-read the text and quote/comment on it out of context. Everyone else appeared to understand it :) My point was that people attempted to manipulate the voting, which was disappointing. I clearly acknowledged that there was a narrow victory in favour of a limit of 1 – which I also believe was a good thing. There was no comment made about the manipulated votes causing a wrongful victory.

It’s rather disappointing that you are rarely able to ever write something positive Gryzor. We’re moving forwards here, not backwards. The players on ETF2L have been divided from the admins for a very long time and I’m looking at addressing this.

Finally, I honestly believe that if you possessed inter-personal skills you could have been such a great admin. Your work for the league was excellent, it’s a shame that being outspoken has led to such ill feelings towards you. Hopefully 2010 will be a year when you can reflect on your past and perhaps attempt to make positive changes in your own life?

Last edited by d2m,

gryzor

I’m sure you will do an awesome job. You are a very well versed individual when it comes to write stuff that sounds sensible and thought-out in way too many words. However:

Hopefully 2010 will be a year when you can reflect on your past and perhaps attempt to make positive changes in your own life?

… this is just priceless.

Claiming I’m in some sort of trouble in my personal life is not only very odd, it’s also entirely out of context for the TF2-league. I find it distasteful and ridiculous, considering I’m very happy with my social and professional life, as well as my hobbies when I choose to spend time “online” playing various sorts of games.

You, sir, need to keep your focus and stop with personal attacks and low-blows.

byte

Good Job on the interview Matty and Jimmy, i’m sure you will cover Day’s position just as well in time m8ty.

Cheers

Byte

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

gryzor you’re such a negative nancy.

Group hug?

gryzor

[[KLU]]:

gryzor you’re such a negative nancy.

Group hug?

[[D2m]]:

It’s rather disappointing that you are rarely able to ever write something positive Gryzor.

This is another thing I do not understand. I’ve even lost count of the amount of praise I’ve rained on Deneusbeer, ST8, Deltron, Snowie, Mihalch, More, Chocolate, Netsky and a few more. Just because I tell the truth behind all this (while also quoting http://etf2l.org/2009/10/08/statement/ — IMPORTANT), doesn’t mean I’m unhappy with the league. I want it to be fun and rewarding to play as much as anyone else, I just have a GREAT DEAL of more insight than the general player. I do not bash around mindlessly mind you, even if SOME seem to reflect anything I write with “lol, drunkard, never mind him”. That only works for so long.

My last “move” helped a great deal, with ST8 defining a policy you now obviously just ignore, dAy realizing he’s a disaster and “hiring” JB to do some nice talking, finally taking a hike and what not.

Read http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-8265/page-3/?recent=134525#post-134517 (now locked) for the story behind this. It’s yummy and 100% true. I liked you when you joined up d2m, but Kop suggesting all this makes me very sad and suspicious.

Perhaps 2 years of admin-logs from IRC and the forum(s) would help me prove my point? I’m sure it would, but it would also mean a never ending rain of shit on the league I love to play in. Don’t continue dAys nonsense-ways of covering everything up. I actually implemented the “last edited by”- and “message deleted by”- function JUST FOR THE REASON this was WAY TOO COMMON PRACTICE by “certain” admins in these forums. That says a great deal.

I was hoping and believed firmly you actually fought to get into a position to make a change. I’m sad I was wrong.

I will be watching you.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Gryzor – I’m not getting drawn into a code-off with you here.

The threatening with “releasing information” is not new. You threatened Daykiller with releasing the full copies of all the posts from the Admin forums if he didn’t unban you from the forums. Do you not see how immature and juvenile that is? What would you expect to gain from taking an action like that? All you would show is that you are someone who cannot be trusted with any sort of responsibility whatsoever. People wouldn’t look at you favourably like you might imagine. You don’t need to resort to blackmail like some sort of online bully who cannot get his own way so decides to attempt to ruin things for other people.

Somewhere inside you is an intelligent man who can offer great insight and help to people. See here for an example: http://etf2l.org/forum/leaguea/topic-8278/page-2/?recent=135184#post-135148 . Why can’t we see that side of you more often? If you’d always been that helpful instead of launching into tirades and rants all over the forums and IRC, then people would probably not be stifling giggles everytime your name was mentioned.

Support the change and help us to embrace the future of the league. You don’t have to be all “ponies, kittens and cuddles” – but by acting in a mature and responsible manner, you can clearly contribute some valuable help to many. Up to you how you want to play this.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »