Forum

tf2 bball channel

Created 3rd August 2008 @ 00:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

I agree with F2. Suiciding using commands should be absolutely banned. But as mentioned, restricting suicide as a whole can be unfair. Self-Weapon suicides are tactical enough to be allowed.

Also, 40 winlimit is way too much. Should be 20 for normal rounds and 30 for final, at least in my opinion.

f0rce

Yeah indeed… i also noticed that when i was playing winlimit 40 in some 2on2’s
We’ll change it to 20 for normal rounds and 30 for finals.
And we will allow suiciding without using the explode/kill command. :)

but when do you think we should shedule these small bball cups?

Fiend

wMiC?

killing urself shouldnt be allowed have to be more tactical to survive without a respawn

KillaloT

eureka

Killing yourself can be tactical.

If both players has less than 30 hp, and can’t rocketjump, they have to wait for their opponents to respawn with full health, to slaught both.

f0rce

hmm.. i might wanne add another rule to the suiciding to solve some problems:
You can only suicide when both opponents are death.
By using this rule there will be no abusing of suiciding, f.e. you’re losing a 2v2 battle, 1 of you suicides, the other tries to dmg them as much as he can while you already spawned again and finish them both. So this would also be unfair, but if we would use the rule that you can only suicide when both opponents are death it’s solved. And the problem of you winning a 2v2 battle but both having to low to rj is also solved… right?

so i assume from now of:
You can only suicide while both opponents are death and you cannot suicide by using a command!

perry

[MIPC]

bball – seriuse business…..

Haunter

as etf2l admin i still think that no-suicide rule, is the stupidiest rule ever :P

whats the point in having 20hp, if the enemy will respawn kill u can cap? and dont come with the skills subject, u cant run from a shotgun :]

Fiend

wMiC?

suiciding should not be allowed peroid, the etf2l rules are fine for bball and how it should stay it sucks just being able to kill urself if u havent got enuff health, just to respawn and do the same all over again its better when a player moves back or in close to weaken a player and die means ur other partner gotta survive to u come back alive do that right

killing urself isnt very tactical just making it more boring, what if 2 average players playing 2 good players good player suicides comes back rapes em where if he couldnt suicide he would have to be tactical use his last bit of life well to help his partner what bball is like all the time

no fun if u can suicide, do u suicide in clan games if ur medic isnt about? pfft xD

– flame moderated by haunter –

^ Let’s say me and you play against two other players, regardless of skill level. A round starts, the normal battle procedure commences, and we end up killing both our enemies. The problem is, we both have around 20 HP – Too little to perform a rocket jump. Now what? You can wait for the enemy to respawn and inflict as much damage as you can before dying. Even if we both do that, the chances we’ll be able to do enough damage to flip the situation, leaving them with 20 HP, is low. Very low. And if we fail, the round is theirs. Perhaps instead of assaulting, we should dodge? But how do you dodge with 20 HP? They’ll just close in, eliminating us with shotguns from safe distances, and win the round. There is nothing you can do about it. Absolutely nothing.

Madsie

Yeah il be on no doubt <3 bball need to get some tourneys going with like 100 slots tho so we have a massive bball tourney :)

Riemu

element //

letz revive the channel, its quite vacant!

squidgy

its a good idea guys :D
Although im struggling to actually get a match :(

Ijantis

AAANDD All thanks to the great f2 unquestionable ruler of the universe all hail king f2 om nom nom etc etc he has given us a new bball channel :D

#mpuktf2.bball

EDIT: its still in the works so please don’t get too hyped up

BvD

flowerpower/

all hail f2

compton

cvx|

Is the “kill” command causing substantial damage to bball cups right now? Is the game currently boring/uncompetitive because of it? I don’t think so, I haven’t yet heard a single reason why, I don’t believe the one f0rce explained is a serious threat but just an effective and/or interesting tactic. Therefore, it shouldn’t be banned (at least not yet).

And if someone wants to correct me, feel free. I don’t understand much about bball (played it a few times) and I haven’t heard of this rule before this thread, but to me this rule just seems really fishy since nobody has presented detailed arguments for it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »