Forum

tf2 bball channel

Created 3rd August 2008 @ 00:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

f0rce

hi all,

Today me and my bball partner bonsai (by saying bball i mean the tf2 bball mod) had an idea of making a new irc channel: #tf2.bball.
We like playing bball matches, but the problem is we never find such a match on other irc-channels.
So we made this channel especially to search bball matches, gather up with others to play some bball or just talk about bball and upcomming bball events.
We want to make this channel active and we want to make bball matches more popular.

Why play bball?
IT’S AWESOME FUN! ;D , great class practise, airshot practise, rj/stickyjump practise, and so on.

Thx to duffman the channel is already a bit pimped up.
but we are still searching for 2 more admins who also have got some knowledge of irc.

So everyone who likes bball join #tf2.bball,
so we can get the channel active and have lots of bball fun. :))

methoD

Be

great idea guys, you can find me there (:
good airshot practise btw

GameFreak--

ep.
Be

nice idea guys

u have my suport!

Ed

Mafia
fx.

Amen, brother.

RobbaZ

[FADER]

Great idea!

ONlock

YOYO\'

Bonsai! :D

I’m there..

ETNiK

#tf2.bball All the way!

N/A

RaWr ::

Niice idea, not putting it down or anything but maybe it may have been a smarter move to make a less specific channel for example #2v2.tf2 in which partners who participate in 2v2 games can also play and advertise other maps rather than just bball, that been said bball is probably the most popular of all 2v2 ‘fun’ maps. I’ll idle ;]

f0rce

Yeah… you’ve got a point.
I didnt thought of that when i got the idea of making a bball channel.
But now its too late.. or not?
Maybe i could like change the discription of the channel, so it will also be used to find 1on1’s, 2on2’s or whatever you like of funwar.
You could also start another channel once more… but than its just getting to much split up.
Though it is useful to have another channel where you can get funwars, because on tf.wars there wasnt rly much activity around funwars.
What do you think?

Ed

Mafia
fx.

I think the channel is fine, for now at least. Bball needed to be addressed in a more sexual way.

KillaloT

eureka

Rules has been updated

We removed the mp_timelimit for both finals and normal rounds
Instead we increased the mp_winlimit to 25 and finals is now mp_winlimit 40

f0rce

yeah we updated the rules for the small bball cups,
for now, intended suicides are not allowed. Because we took the etf2l rules as standard.
Though i maybe think it’s better if they are allowed, because if they aren’t the game can be unfair.
f.e.: you kill both your opponents but you both have to low to rj … they spawn,kill you and score.
But to avoid people abusing it (intended suiciding), i’d say you are only allowed to suicide when BOTH your opponents are death.

as killalot announced already:
the winlimit for the normal rounds and finals of our bballcups have been changed.
Because we don’t use the best of 3 system, we thought winlimit 15 was too less.
So i suggest 25 will be good, and for the finals 40.

Also we’d like to know when it is the best time to open these bballcups.
I assume after 22.00 because before that many players probably have to play clanwars.
But which days… i dno…

I’d like to hear some opinions on all of the above… so we can make a decision.

RobbaZ

[FADER]

Good chan and good rule-fixes, com’on and play some cups :>

methoD

Be

Good rule about the suiciding
naajs !

F2

Danmark

I think suiciding should be allowed with your weapon. Just not with explode/kill command. That way you avoid that people with 100 health suicides instantly and when you kill you opponent you often have nothing loaded so it will take a little while before you can suicide, so you have to consider whether it’s worth it or not.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »