Forum

[WIP] Duel Arena - an ammomod clone

Created 2nd May 2009 @ 22:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

F2

Danmark

I have played a couple of times again and there hasn’t been any problems.
Yet, as I said once before, the arenas really need a lot more lighting.
Look at these comparisons: http://f2.krus.dk/img/duelmodmap.jpg
Especially the silo is really dark but the other arenas have really dull lighting as well. Except granary, it looks almost identical.

It would be greatly appreciated if you fixed the lighting. :)

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

for the lightning issues:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sky_List

Gaarulf

UP|

Found a bug :

When playing on spire, you might end up playing against your self..
Like:
[P*K] Gaarulf ( 0 )
[P*K] Gaarulf ( 0 )

Then I have to !add again to let someone play against me.

Mike

SF

Garuuf: that bug affects all arenas and I’m not sure what’s causing it.

eoN^

Move the health, its behind the white text :<

FannyPack

Move it yourself ;)

There is a command to move the health which is /da_hpos X X. (Try /da_hpos -1 .55) for health below your crosshair.

!info will give you a list of the server commands.

Funkeh

DStM

Just played this for a little while. I like it, I like it a lot. I like the new “arenas” of gravel pit and granary. I second the need to brighten up the silos and also what are all the crit sounds for? I mean, when I tripled eon^ on gravel pit I got like four in a row (perhaps purely coincidental). Does the mod reward you for 1337 skills? :>. But then again I got a few after doubles and purely randomly so I am not sure. Would like some clarification

Oh and I think you need to put some text saying go or fight or whatever after the countdown as there was some gentleman’s coin toss to see who would dare take the first shot…. but yes, great practice and mod :).

PS Does eon^ get paid by the hour for his spam of invites? :P

Mike

SF

Crits are on so it can give you ammo when you fire rather than with a timer.

“Does the mod reward you for 1337 skills?”
If your rating is 1337 you get 100% crits. :D

“Move the health, its behind the white text :<”
Should default to bottom left.

eoN^

20p an invite!

Add me on steam for my paypal

gogogo

EDIT:

Ye its fixed now :S Yesterday it was top left :s

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

i can confirm what eon said

Awesome but the lighting gives me a headache.

eoN^

I really think the server needs restarted more : also maybe make 2 of the most popular ones like badlands and granary so you have more choices if there are more players on the server (not seen this happen yet but ive only played on it at like 12am and 11pm xD

I’ve been trying out the mod on the Amsterdam server over the last week or so and absolutely loving it. However the last couple days the server seems to be playing up, like it plays with extremely low fps and feels all choppy (if you know what I mean) to the extent that it’s been unplayable. I know this is a server thing and not client side as my friends who tried to play on it with me experienced the same thing. My assumption (based on the fact it was working before) is that this isn’t a bug with the mod (and hence why I haven’t posted to the bug tracker on the DA site). So I dunno maybe the server could do with a reset or something to try to jolt it out of its naughtyness!

I woulda posted this on the DA site forums but they don’t appear to be working :s

eoN^

It happens on all servers when they arent restarted enough (no idea what causes it)

But yeah just make it so it restarts every day or so and there will be no problems really…

Yeah, good idea eon! I hope they do that… and soon! I miss my hitblips!! XD

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »