Forum

[WIP] Duel Arena - an ammomod clone

Created 2nd May 2009 @ 22:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Mike

SF

I’ve most likely missed things so check http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/395769/ too :D

Since ammomod hasn’t been released, I was asked to make a clone of it. For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s 1v1 with infinite ammo and lots of health on small arenas.

Duel Arena has almost everything ammomod has (afaik it only needs an airshot counter) along with a few other features:
Variable pitch hitblip that you don’t have to download
Arenas which are accurate replicas of parts of maps (copy pasta is delicious)
Floor bug fixed. No more getting stuck in the floor and losing your HUD occasionally
In built rating which will be expanded on to include things like accuracy, airshots hit, damage dealt etc

At the moment there is a 10 slot server in Amsterdam (along with 2 in the USA):
95.211.15.192:27015 and a website which has a top10 (based on the ELO rating system) and the plugin+source available for download at http://tf2resource.com/

The plugin is not completely bug free yet and the server has a tendancy to F10 when it’s not being babysat. The more “testing” you guys do, the faster I can fix it.

Jowy

The best thing since sliced bread, honestly.

Qun

GoT<3

Mike, you fucking hero xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RaCio

GoT²

Whenever I kill somebody they just respawn and I will get no points. Other than that, great mod :p

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

nice mike, finally you realsed this :) how many months did it take ?

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

cant join a team says
No queue jumping!
:S

F2

Danmark

i get the same as TURb0

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

!add :)

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

!Fuckoff

F2

Danmark

This is a really good effort, but way too buggy. If I kill the opponent I don’t get a point (and I don’t respawn with full health), he just respawns after 5 seconds and kills. But if he kills me he gets a point and respawns with full health. I got a demo of this.

Also, imo the map should be brigther. It’s difficult to aim when it’s so dark.

But when all bugs are squished this should be great!

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

if you fix the plugin as f2 said, you may get a #tf2.duelarena.pickup

Silan

(Actual Size)

The plugin needs a ton of bugfixing, but i see alot of potentiel here.

Mike

SF

It’s irritating because the bugs never occur when I’m on the server :/

It needs polishing. Countdown to round start would be nice. When Specing it would be better if you could see players health. Skip the select team option when joining server. I prefer it to ammomod though.

FannyPack

Hey guys just thought I’d stop by to discuss the mod some. The problem we’re having is #1, initially most of the testing and work was done on the NY server. Since Mike lives in the UK the problem was obviously getting a full server AND having mike on at the same time to bug test. Right now, we’re battling with having mike on a server when the bugs occur. What you guys need to do is start up TF2, join the server and immediately record a demo and don’t stop it until you leave.

This will make it so that if Mike isn’t around he can see why and what caused the plugin to break. What would be even nicer than that would be if 4 or 5 of you could offer up an hour or 2 of your day to join the server specifically for bug fixing so that mike can diagnose the problems and fix them. Since these bugs that are remaining tend to only occur when the server has more than a few players on, it’s tough for me and Mike alone to fix.

If any of you are willing to help with this add me or MikeJS to your steam friends and maybe we can arrange a time to get them squashed.

EDIT: Thought I’d talk a bit about the top 10 since not everyone understands how it works. Your elo rating (Which defaults to 1600 when you join) goes up and down based on the level of the competition you face. So obviously, beating a player who has a 1300 rating and your rating is 2000 gives you less points and the 1300 player loses less. But he’d gain quite a bit more if he defeated you.

The top 10 on tf2resource.com is fed by all 3 servers running Duel Arena. I know this seems kind of centralized but that’s not the intention. My intention was to give mike some servers to test on and creating somewhat of a frontend/competition aspect along to the ammomod practice part. That way, you can kind of practice but at the same time have competitions and fights to the top 10 (And #1…) There is also an inactivity timer of a week so that players on the top10 can’t squat on their positions without actively participating.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »