Forum

EMS - ESL Major Series

Created 4th March 2009 @ 22:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

As you can see here: http://www.esl.eu/eu/ems/season4/prizes

The money for TF2 is OK, but i think we can go higher than FIFA in next season.

So what to do:

Just PLAY IN ESL, we will get enough activity and TF2 will get more attention than in UKeSA.

For exemple: Game will be TOP of EMS -> ENC

If TF2 arrives on ENC there will be thousand of people watching the matches, this means a lot of new people.

And will go high, and higher.

At the moment, we have to wait for qualifiers, and to play on them.

More teams, more chances.

beta

RaWr ::

Just to let you know, TF2 has been in ESL EMS for some time and many teams do play in it :P

TroubleGirl

Thats cool, we’ll probably join to esl next season instead of ukesa.

Moose

[MIPC]

That would be the third EMS season where TF2 is included and the prize money has been the same 1,500€ each season even though I think season III had like four times more TF2 teams in the qualifiers than season II? Of course we’ll be playing in both UKeSA and ESL but currently UKeSA is doing a lot better job in supporting TF2. I have to say that the season IV prize announcement was a bit of a disappointment for me. Even CS female has more money per player since it’s 5on5 game and that just makes me sad :(

Still better than nothing though and paddel has done a good job running the EMS. First season of the ESL league was a bit of a disaster so right now I have no desire to play there unless it can offer prizes or something.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

moose you are completly right, i wanted to say the same

5on5 female ? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

tf2 has 6on6 and same money, and tf2 is more active, i think we have to do a petition.

Norris

the difference there is that TF2 has absolutely no impact on ESL community so far. UKeSA just offers TF2 ‘more’ because the community showed their interest in the game. they forced them to do it. unfortunately nothing like that happened in the ESL so far or am I mistaken?. ppl tend to watch cs female over tf2 and that’s how they gonna do the money. yes the ESL is an organization and their aspects are moneymaking. the tf2 section even struggle to complete the regular open seasons. so how do you expect them to rise the support when there’s noone who actually cares?

Riemu

element //

What Norris said.

ESL is a big organisation with lots of money up their sleeves. If the ESL gets the same level of support from TF2 that UKESA got, I wouldnt be surprised if we see more prizemoney and events in the future.

I totally agree, the website is shit and not really easy to get. But that shouldn’t be a reason not to support a league. Just sign up for the ESL League to show your support.

Oh and btw. – please dont abandon UKESA to show ESL support. That will just lead to a shift in interest and therefore prizemoney in UKESA. You need to keep your support for both Leagues up. Not replace one with another.

EDIT: A petition to put TF2 into ENC or raise the prizemoney for the EMS is utterly useless. The only thing that will help TF2 grow in size aswell as in prizemoney, is constant support and increasing sign ups for their events!

piece

Tbh, we played yesterday our 1st Esl match.
What a fucked up website and what a hassle to get everything right!

1st, only 2 players of our team were allowed to play, the rest had to wait a few more days….well, we signed up for it normally, waiting times are just rediculous.
Aequitas crashed 1 palyers comp, the 2nd couldnt start it at all and a third had big problems as well.
If the enemy team would protest they would get a default, because we couldnt get aequitas to work on 3 computers…lol?

Then u also need a status screenie, a score screenie, upload aequitas of every players….man it TAKES AGES to get all that shit up.

And no, i dont give a shit if there is money behind or not. Its just a fucked up site.

Norris

ok let me summarize. your clan played the first game and weren’t prepared at all for it. leaders are about to sort this stuff out way before the game should happen. it’s not a random pcw game where you can just sub in. &status und scoreboard are needed in every other league as well. aeq upload doesn’t take ages either..

piece

well, u can blame us for it.But u know urself that players dnot test that anticheat programs before hand and if it doesnt work right before a war ur fucked. The enemy team could claim a default even if u got demos recorded.

And this site is just as user unfriendly as it can get. Takes ages to find anything there. And if your just playing for fun and dont care if there is money behind or not, id rather not play the next league again. The hassle u get and the time u need to do anything there is just annoying.
There are enough leagues out there which make it better and more userfriendly.

skinnie

TCM

u get used to the website imo

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

you guys, you are right

screens are mandatory everywhere

also, get ESL Wire, you can take screnshot with it, automaticaly aequitas, and you upload ALL with 1 click.

He, it was just released the fixed version.

About money, i don’t understand, why so few money.

I hope Paddel see those posts.

skinnie

TCM

I hope he doesn’t see your posts.

appe

TF2 has prize money in ESL? Cool.

Add A Reply Pages: 1