Forum

i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 Next »

ThePledge

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

me kaidus and greg are up half the time

But that’s not really a VTV casting trio, now is it?

Trane

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

Fisting?

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Where exactly is the money going? and how much are people putting in?
Surely the players should pay for ticket + hotel and then the fund raising should be for plane tickets?

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from ThePledge

[…]

???

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

would be better than quite a few VTV casts imo

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Vazzan

Where exactly is the money going? and how much are people putting in?
Surely the players should pay for ticket + hotel and then the fund raising should be for plane tickets?

Right, so this has been answered. The tickets into the lan have been taken care of, teams that are going to represent an organisation expect that plane/most of hotel will be taken care of. In addition, the teams themselves will be providing large quantities of the money once ESEA LAN is over.

Ghent

Team

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

Right, so this has been answered.

No it hasn’t, you’re giving extremely vague answers while refusing to go into numbers. It’s seems that you haven’t done any costing, or if you have you’re keeping it secret for some bizarre reason.

Also,
Quoted from shdwpuppet

teams that are going to represent an organisation expect that plane/most of hotel will be taken care of.

If this is the case why do they require donation if nearly all their expenses have been covered by an org?

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Ghent

If this is the case why do they require donation if nearly all their expenses have been covered by an org?

Ehm, afaik, the org = eXtv. And eXtv is asking for donations.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from ThePledge

[…]

Why did you bring VTV into this? I don’t recall anyone asking for the VTV casting trio, just euro casters…
Also, is there any way we could get kaidus, cx, greg, djc etc to take over vanillatv? It would be for the better of the community.

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Greg did last ESEA Lan coverage, was quite good but only cos Greg is good.

Thanks

I haven’t spoken to extine about covering this upcoming event, will ask him once I have a few days off.

h1

:3
BM

theres thousands of esea players why dont they chip in just $5-$10 to reach the goal.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Quoted from h1

theres thousands of esea players why dont they chip in just $5-$10 to reach the goal.

There’s thousands on both side of the pond, both sides gain from the Americans turning up and making I46 a decent tournament with some epic matches.

Out of all these thousands there are a lot who cannot afford to give a donation/unwilling to give a donation, there are plenty of people from the EU who would love to see an American team come over and are happy to chip in a little something just to make it happen.

Envy seems to be a problem, people by the look of it are to sceptical about the Americans getting something for nothing (a free trip) which they (the people moaning) are not getting themselves a free ride. I just wish these people would lighten up. (This does not include the people who want to see the figures and where the money is going they are cautious/trying to be constructive finding better deals etc)

Trath

Quoted from ThePledge

[…]

WOW. I know I say a lot of shit, but this is absolute shit nonsense that also makes you come out as a huge obnoxious arrogant asshole.

What is the point of that post I don’t even???…

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

would be better than quite a few VTV casts imo

Better than all for sure, except perhaps a Byte+Admirable/DJC+Admirable combo. (and Byte hasn’t done any casting for ages now…)

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from Black_Bob

[…]

There’s thousands on both side of the pond, both sides gain from the Americans turning up and making I46 a decent tournament with some epic matches.

Out of all these thousands there are a lot who cannot afford to give a donation/unwilling to give a donation, there are plenty of people from the EU who would love to see an American team come over and are happy to chip in a little something just to make it happen.

Envy seems to be a problem, people by the look of it are to sceptical about the Americans getting something for nothing (a free trip) which they (the people moaning) are not getting themselves a free ride. I just wish these people would lighten up. (This does not include the people who want to see the figures and where the money is going they are cautious/trying to be constructive finding better deals etc)

my point still remains, the teams themself will only chip in if they have practically most of the money coming from other players, we all put effort in ourselfs to get to lans paying 100-300 for a weekend at a lan, yet they are game to come i46 yet there own sponsors/players want a free lan trip fuck that, unless its close to the 20,000$ my money isn’t going towards it, as they are doing it practically themselves. IMO

atmo

You grossly overestimate the “sponsor” money in TF2 and should perhaps keep your ignorant posts out of the thread until you are better informed.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 Next »