Forum

The Renewed TF2 Mentor Project

Created 16th September 2011 @ 18:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Quoted from Link!

[…]

and so is our beer

De Molen > any and all belgian breweries.

ThePledge

I will be available to mentor tonight, and tomorrow afternoon/evening. If there are any teams out there that play during the weekends and request some help with their gameplay – please don’t hesitate to ask me in #tf2.mentor or in the steam group! :)

doks

EPIC.
that is all.

Rising

21:17

looking forward to it <3

What about getting some other mentors in for single-class mentoring :) ?

(sorry if its already said)

Vali

-9w-

A good initiative but the first thing you guys should be doing is reaching out to the high divs for additional mentors. The last time the mentor project was running there were simply far too many people wanting mentoring and not enough mentors to fill that demand.

Also I think there’s a good opportunity maybe to help out the higher level scene. Rather than charging for mentoring like was common in the american scene, why not encourage donations either to some fund or perhaps even to etf2l which would then be used to fund prizepots for cups or as an additonal prize for the season. It would be a great way for lower level tf2 help the higher level grow with the one thing it desperately needs while the lower level is being helped. Mentoring is of course its own reward and people shouldn’t feel pressured to donate, but perhaps there is interest from people/teams to help out the scene/better reward those that choose to spend hours speccing games or going through demos with them.

Fish

UCAP.

i could get paid for this? sweet! i demand donations for articles! thanks! (jokes)

but alot of what is said is true, have had some people approach keen to mentor and a 1 to 1 mentor thing would be awesome but it is around the time people have and patients as well.

i thought the donate to the comunity was a pretty cool idea if people thought information was good or something donations that went towards a prize fund of sorts could be good, will chat to pledge when the lazy sod wakes up.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Will mentor for hats.

ThePledge

Got a couple of slots still open from 14.00 – 19.00 CEST today! Don’t hesitate to ask if you would like some mentoring today, and just contact me through the steamgroup or #tf2.mentor.

bìester

i like

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Vali

A good initiative but the first thing you guys should be doing is reaching out to the high divs for additional mentors. The last time the mentor project was running there were simply far too many people wanting mentoring and not enough mentors to fill that demand.

Also I think there’s a good opportunity maybe to help out the higher level scene. Rather than charging for mentoring like was common in the american scene, why not encourage donations either to some fund or perhaps even to etf2l which would then be used to fund prizepots for cups or as an additonal prize for the season. It would be a great way for lower level tf2 help the higher level grow with the one thing it desperately needs while the lower level is being helped. Mentoring is of course its own reward and people shouldn’t feel pressured to donate, but perhaps there is interest from people/teams to help out the scene/better reward those that choose to spend hours speccing games or going through demos with them.

QFT.

Honestly, the American scene is just an extension of what you see in American culture. Someone realised they could make a bit of money and have a total monopoly. Same with ESEA. Our scene is a lot bigger, there’s a much bigger pool of people with the skills and motivation to contribute.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Instead of re-creating, why don’t you just speak to byte and take over the original mentor group/irc? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2-Mentor and #tf2mentor .
Wouldn’t it be easier? And i agree with vali, your attention should be focused on getting motivated/willing higher end mentors.

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

goodluck lad ! :D

atmo

I need mentoring.

So does my internet.

IPZIE

SUAVE

haha talk to byte :D

ThePledge

Fish and me have some teams and individuals under our belt at the moment, but I still have some space left if people are interested. I’ve added a list to the original post, with the following:

Before you request a mentor, think of the following:
– If I want a team session, have I asked my team? If yes, what time is everyone available?
– If I want an individual session, do you have any specific questions? Also, what time is good for you?

I’m available almost every evening from 18.00 – 19.30 CEST and after my own pcw’s from 22.30 CEST onwards. Weekends obviously have different times, so please just let me know which times you would be available, and I’ll see what I can do :)

Thanks!

Patrick aka Pledge

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »