December 7, 2010
Be sure to give your feedback here
It is time for the first Experimental Ordnance Cup for the TF2Beta! Using the familiar setup that was previously used to try the many new unlocks and setups in competitive play, we hope to be able to get proper playtime and feedback for the TF2beta project. Since match servers are still a bit rare in TF2beta, we will focus on the two newly modified maps cp_granary and cp_5gorge (both can be downloaded for the regular TF2 version). The cup will follow the same format as the usual one-day cups. Teams will be seeded into groups of 16 according to their skill. The games start today Wednesday the 8th at 20:00 CET and the finals of each bracket will be held at 22:15 CET. For those of you with beta servers, we encourage you to try to play the matches on your server if both teams agree. You are allowed to use the variant 1 and variant 2 Natascha versions in this case.
Round 1: 20:00 CET (5gorge)
Quarter Final: 20:45 CET (granary_beta)
Semi Final: 21:30 CET (5gorge)
Final: 22:15 CET (granary_beta)
Please contact your opponents in #etf2l on IRC, so ensure at least one of your team is in there at all times. If you have any problems contacting your opponents, please talk to an Admin. There will be servers with SourceTVs (hosted by Multiplay) available for you to play on. Request them by talking to an admin.
- All teams must have at least 1 player ready on #etf2l (QuakeNet) to find their opponent and schedule the match.
- If your match starts more than 10 minutes late, please reduce the map time to 15-25 minutes, depending on how long you have left before the next round starts. Bear in mind that if the map finishes in a draw, there will be a golden cap period to follow.
- If your match finishes in a draw, you must play a golden cap round to decide the winner. Please reset the config and play a 5 minute golden cap round. The first team to cap in this round, wins. If neither team caps within 5 minutes, the team that holds CP3 at the end of the 5 minute period wins.
- The regular ETF2L Season 8 rules apply. Use of polycount weapons is not allowed. Natascha versions 1 and 2 are allowed if games are played on a TF2beta server.
- Teams may use 1 merc by default, multiple mercs are allowed if the opponent agrees.